• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Recommended Rising Storm Server Update Released

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
We have just released an optional but recommended update for the Rising Storm dedicated server. This update should fix or greatly reduce the instances where full servers lag out for a short period of time and give a large amount of the clients on the server "speed hack detected" errors. It is highly recommended that all servers which have Punkbuster enabled install this update so this fix will be applied.

This update should fix or greatly reduce the instances where full servers lag out for a short period of time and give a large amount of the clients on the server "speed hack detected" errors. It is highly recommended that all servers which have Punkbuster enabled install this update so this fix will be applied.

We just got a lag spike for 30 seconds with the new patch... everyone reached 980 ping :/. Changing maps fixed the issue though, and I also disabled PB.

Upvote 0
Try fine tuning tune your pbsv.cfg file. The default (especially setting to default maximum can be a little hard on the server). Try leaving it set on "medium" in the webadmin and then setting:

Code:
pb_sv_AutoSsFrom 400 //[Min # of seconds to wait before requesting next ss]
pb_sv_AutoSsTo 1200 //[Max # of seconds to wait before requesting next ss]
pb_sv_AutoSs 1 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

You'll have to adjust the pb_sv_AutoSsFrom and pb_sv_AutoSsTo to match your taste and ability to maintain and view the screenshots.

It appears that the screenshots are now functional. I now have 100% capture on screens.

I've got to check the timestamps a little closer, but at first glance it appears that they were taken in rapid fire sequence.

Upvote 0
We had it at high, i'll try medium.

EDIT: Damn, at the second I enabled it everyone pinged out. Map change didn't work out for long, it started lagging after a few seconds. I wonder if it could be due to PB streaming.

Here's the log with IP addresses and GUIDs removed:
Spoiler!

It seems that 2-3 guys are causing lots of errors. After changing maps, it went fine for a few seconds, but eventually (maybe when those 2-3 guys loaded the map), is started pinging at 980 again. Maybe the server was still at high PB setting though, although there had been multiple map changes, the server had not been restarted since the last PB setting decrease.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sure the problem is not from streaming to pbbans (if that's what you meant). There is so very little data that the server exchanges with pbbans that if that's the problem one's server has other issues.

To initiate any changes made in punkbuster, issue a pb_sv_restart command in the webadmin's console.

Post your pbsv.cfg files. Perhaps there is some anomaly there.?

Upvote 0
My servers were all fine before last week's patch. Post patch, not so fine. Can I get some more detail about last week's patch, was it just PB related. So can I turn off PB and basically work around that fix.

Players were getting stuttering when it was at its worse however the server CPU was running well within limits.

Also noticed that pings were fluctuating.

Upvote 0