• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Recommended perk-level per difficulty?

It entirely depends on the player's abilities. If you get someone with 500+ hours in KF1 and 100+ hours in KF2 with other different classes , it'll be much lower than someone relatively new.

By the above reasoning, even if you put 300 hours into the game, have 4xL25 classes and can solo HoE, once they release the next class you'll need to go back to Normal for 10 levels until you can try hard.

Upvote 0
It entirely depends on the player's abilities.
You're right of course, but just as a rule of thumb in KF1 I prefered to have teammates at least on level 5 for suicidal and level 6 for hoe.

I'm currently playing on hard as support in KF2 and it feels like the penetration bonus of the first few levels is very needed. On level 0 you have literally zero penetration and can only kill one Clot per shot.

Level 5 is more than enough though for support on hard.

Upvote 0
Normal in KF2 is like Beginner in KF1. Just a little bit harder. Pick it if you are new to the game or still learning the map. Or just want map achievement :) Other than that - you can play on Hard with level 0.

Perk level bonuses are minor and they aren't as significant as they are in KF1. Perk skills - that what really matters.

Most Berserker's skills are useless, so you can play with any level on any difficulty.
Supports need Supplier skill (level 5), or they team will be running out of ammo on harder difficulties. Once you've got Support level 5, that's enough for you to play on Suicidal.
Commando needs larger magazines to be effective killer, i.e. level 10 for Suicidal.
Medic should have armor repair, which is granted at level 10 too.

Once you've got Tactical Reload skill (level 15 for both Commando and Support) - you are ready for HoE.

Upvote 0
While higher levels are better, they dont seem to be completely necessary. KF2 seems to be enforcing skill, knowledge, and technique with their harder difficulties over leveling and having better abilities. Although most of the berserker abilities are terrible so they dont matter as much anyway.

Upvote 0
What do you feel is the minimum level players should have before switching

to hard?
to suicidal?
to hoe?

Just as a rule of thumb.

For me I did this

Level 0 to 15 on Hard
Level 15 to 20 or 25 Suicidal
Level 20 or 25 Hell on Earth.

For the reason for sticking on Hard for so long is to get those perks and stats going, especially tactical reload if you're Commando or Support

Upvote 0
The above perk-levels are probably right for winning at higher difficulties, but if your just interested in grinding levels, lvl0 HoE is probably the best way to start. XP scales by difficulty level and higher difficulties have more zeds per wave so even if you're lasting only 1-2 waves, you're still gaining tons of XP.

Upvote 0