• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Recommend Me...

I'm thinking of picking up Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne, or the full WH40k pack. Which one is better?

Get both. The total should only run you about $50.

WCIII and FT are good games in their own right; I don't particularly care for the singleplayer campaigns in RTSs so I don't play them. WCIII has a kick-ass online mode because of custom maps; maps that range from finding the player who is a murderer in a mansion to a custom WWII map with WWII units and no population limit.

I have Warhammer 40k but I have not played it online at all. I have enough fun just playing skirmish mode. I'd probably get my ass kicked if I try online. Every class plays differently, so the mixup and combinations make for great fun; the Imperial Guard need to establish super bases pretty much (to increase population, you need more buildings) and the Orks need to build WAGHH! banners to be able to make more (they have the highest number of units). It's fun.

I can send you screenshots of both if you like.

Upvote 0
If you never tried Starcraft...

Try it... its a game that is still played online.

Graphics are not bad... nothing outstanding.. but good graphics.

Not kidding... it is still one of the best !

Edit... noticed you did try it...
Re-Install it...
When you are bored... you can go for a BGH Game... or a Use Map Settings => Sunken D game :p

C&C Generals is alright
Just download Regular Generals from torrent sites...
Then buy Generals Zero Hour that comes with a valid key (like 20$)

Zero hour is actually a good expansion.

I will give it to EA... they did not entirely KILL the C&C Series with Generals.

The gameplay is pretty straight forward... ressources = Money/supplies
Money from supply thingys that gets harvested by (american helicopter, Chinese Truck, Arab Peons(without shoes)(can upgrade shoes in zero hour)) Or you can capture oil things

As for gameplay... there is a lot of strategy... but the main strat is HOW TO MOVE YOU're UNITS PROPERLY !!!
It is all about how you advance, how you mix you're units, how you upgrade, how you bomb...

(Sounds like a game George Bush might play daily...)

Its pretty good

I herd roumers of a new RTS game that should be Orgasmic... a beta is out now I think

Supreme Commander (If I didnt butcher the spelling)

Supposed to be revolutionary If its the game I am thinking.

It can even take advantage of having 2 monitors so you can check out 2 places at the same time, or keep the other monitor viewing the world zoomed out and the other one zoomed in...

Earth2160
I tried it before it hit steam

It looks like a complex starcraft...
3 races totally different

It looks alright...

But I am still stuck on starcraft :p

I STRONGLY SUGGEST CHECKING OUT EARTH2160 REVIEWS, ScREENSHOTS.... VIdeos... it looks pretty good once you know it

Ground Control 2 ?

Its soso
I got bored of it before getting into it...

You do not harvest
You control areas
More areas, more income

Its pretty decent

I think with the exception of the well loved Total Anaya... TA Series... I think I listed some of the best RTS Games

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What do you think about the new DoW expansion? I have DoW classic and in my opinion its one of the best rts games ever made because you can end a round in 20 minutes full of action as opposed to three hours of collecting stuff to start a 20 minute war. :D
I heard that there was a mode in the new expansion where you conquer entire planets through a board game style metamap where you can chose what to attack next and then you engage in regular DoW battles. Is that true? Is it as cool as it sounds? Replayvalue (because the DoW classic sp campaign was kinda weak in this regard)? And most important, does it run as good or do I need a better computer for it?

Upvote 0
What do you think about the new DoW expansion? I have DoW classic and in my opinion its one of the best rts games ever made because you can end a round in 20 minutes full of action as opposed to three hours of collecting stuff to start a 20 minute war. :D
I heard that there was a mode in the new expansion where you conquer entire planets through a board game style metamap where you can chose what to attack next and then you engage in regular DoW battles. Is that true? Is it as cool as it sounds? Replayvalue (because the DoW classic sp campaign was kinda weak in this regard)? And most important, does it run as good or do I need a better computer for it?

Yeah, there's the Meta-map in the single player, but it really feels more like they're trying it out for something bigger down the road. It's not as fully developed as say the Total War series. The focus is still on the skirmishes, just now you can pretty much choose the order you fight in. Definately a fun expansion though, IMO it greatly reballanced the game compared to the spamfest that was Winter Assault.

Upvote 0