• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

recent cheating/hacking trend discussion

DAT

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2006
Fort Sill, OK
Recently I have seen a lot of blatant hacking going on. Over the past 2 weeks I have seen instant laser like multiple impossible kills in rapid sucession from various weapons. The offender is not even crouching but hip shooting at 100m or more with one shot one kill. It doesnt matter what weapon and have even seen pistols used. The offender is usually kicked fairly quick by both sides and if a admin is on he/she is gone in seconds. These incidents have killed a server population fairly quickly. Several of us have recorded these events and have a few steam ID's. I contacted a few of these offenders through steam and either they did not speak english or just told me... well you know. Just wondering if it is a good idea for server/admins to share this info/data/ID to keep the integrity of the game alive for the majority of us who play by the rules.

Just wondering if it is a good idea for server/admins to share this info/data/ID to keep the integrity of the game alive for the majority of us who play by the rules. ]
It is and can be shared over at pbbans.com.

Sad fact is that some of the more popular servers do not run PB nor do they take screenshots, nor do they stream to PBBans.com.

I haven't looked in the past few months, but a while back I alerted several admins to players banned by screenshots (and other checks) at pbbans.com that were currently playing on their servers. Three were VAC only servers and not running punkbuster. It takes a little time and effort to get pb setup for each server, but I guess they find the effort not worth their time. Sure its not 100% but neither is VAC only. If nothing else, they could put PB on low, stream to pbbans.com and let the other servers do the dirty work for them. Makes one wonder......

Upvote 0
Recently I have seen a lot of blatant hacking going on. Over the past 2 weeks I have seen instant laser like multiple impossible kills in rapid sucession from various weapons. The offender is not even crouching but hip shooting at 100m or more with one shot one kill. It doesnt matter what weapon and have even seen pistols used. The offender is usually kicked fairly quick by both sides and if a admin is on he/she is gone in seconds. These incidents have killed a server population fairly quickly. Several of us have recorded these events and have a few steam ID's. I contacted a few of these offenders through steam and either they did not speak english or just told me... well you know. Just wondering if it is a good idea for server/admins to share this info/data/ID to keep the integrity of the game alive for the majority of us who play by the rules.

I am sure many of the server admins would appreciate info on possible cheating players.
You can certainly PM myself ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is as I already mentioned in another post that has been deleted, it is difficult playing against hackers, there are so many that even discouraged, don't hapless subject in someone's face and speak "you are a CHEATER" if we have no proof, therefore a PROGRAM descent is what we need, by which the PB is not a waste.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would agree about not seeing cheaters, but since the last update, a few Aussie servers have had cheaters, were people would shoot into the air, get headshots across the map from it, and have a dynamic name so you can't kick them.

A dynamic name means jack squat if the server has admins that know what they are doing.

First off, a good admin will have a mutator that kicks players that change their name to often within a minute.

Secondly, a good server admin will look at the server logs if there is cheating player, and take note of their steam id. The steam id remains constant regardless of name changes. The admin will then ban their *** from that server.

Stick to the Aussie / NZ servers Pariah most of the ones in Australia are rubbish.

Upvote 0
Aussie, I would agree too, but... In the last few weeks this is the first time I have seen actual proof straight up. No way can a type 96 hip shoot and every bullet hit at over 100m+. Pistol one shot for one kill for the whole 7 round magazine at 100m+? Changed sides and found the offender with his character in a crooked standing fashion hip shooting the weapon in a odd state that is not normal. I have seen some work around cheating in DH and a little in ROOST but this is blatant hacking. I too have been accused of cheating in the past and I have probably way too many hours logged in since the early days with the series. Butch I threw away the steam ID''s and lost the print screen as well. I know a lot of regulars who witnessed it several times in one night.

Upvote 0
A dynamic name means jack squat if the server has admins that know what they are doing.

First off, a good admin will have a mutator that kicks players that change their name to often within a minute.

Secondly, a good server admin will look at the server logs if there is cheating player, and take note of their steam id. The steam id remains constant regardless of name changes. The admin will then ban their *** from that server.

Stick to the Aussie / NZ servers Pariah most of the ones in Australia are rubbish.
Yup but it wasn't being populated straight after the update. I learnt my lesson though

Upvote 0
Hey Butch..

The pictures I posted was clearly showing a hacker running around whacking people in the head with his pistol.
You could see 5 or 6 kill streaks in one of the pictures I posted.

He was apparently running around invisible to all players and racked up like 20 kills that way in ca 2min.
He changed names and team and also took the name of another player if I'm not mistaken.

I ****ING HATE IT. If the only thing I can do is to report it. I will.
I would not have posted the pictures unless I was 100% sure, and the evidence is also clear in the pictures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Butch..

The pictures I posted was clearly showing a hacker running around whacking people in the head with his pistol.
You could see 5 or 6 kill streaks in one of the pictures I posted.

He was apparently running around invisible to all players and racked up like 20 kills that way in ca 2min.
He changed names and team and also took the name of another player if I'm not mistaken.

I ****ING HATE IT. If the only thing I can do is to report it. I will.
I would not have posted the pictures unless I was 100% sure, and the evidence is also clear in the pictures.

Posting information in public that can identify a person isn't allowed. For that reason the post got deleted. Next to that is a person innocent until proven otherwise. The idea behind this policy is to prevent that player A who got killed 1 time too many by player B and starts to hate him will go to the forum and starts to post about B being a cheater just to get even with him.

Upvote 0
I agree Ducky but this guy IS guilty.
He killed the whole team as we spawned and could not be seen.

Take a good look at this picture. ( Its just one of his random player names or "borrowed" )

Anyway it seams to me that you think any info on the issue is better silenced. And I understand why.

Well I'm happy to say that I haven't seen much of it in all these years.

One thing TW could do or should have done a long time ago!
Is to fix the scrolling issue we often have when we're trying to locate the name of the person you want to vote kick..
In other words, The player list keeps bouncing back to top.

Attachments

• 35450_2013-08-24_00005.jpg
    35450_2013-08-24_00005.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 35450_2013-08-24_00002.jpg
    35450_2013-08-24_00002.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 35450_2013-08-24_00007.jpg
    35450_2013-08-24_00007.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Every game I'm on, there are people whining about aimbot or hackers...
As Beast says there are really good players here, won't name them, but you know hipshooting with a rifle is their bizness

Been playing for a while now....never saw aimbot or hacker on RO2....never got the real clue. PROVE ME I'M WRONG :IS2:

Upvote 0
Every game I'm on, there are people whining about aimbot or hackers...
As Beast says there are really good players here, won't name them, but you know hipshooting with a rifle is their bizness

Been playing for a while now....never saw aimbot or hacker on RO2....never got the real clue. PROVE ME I'M WRONG :IS2:

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-latest50-ro2-lfb40.html

You are welcome.

Upvote 0