• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rebuilding the Story by Core Map Order?

Compass

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
In hopes of figuring out exactly how the exact CANON plot goes along, we should probably only consider TWI official maps.

Now, the story shouldn't be taken as the same squad fighting THROUGH zones, killing the Pat over and over again. That's silly. Basically, imagine these are all "finale" scenarios, and that if previous scenarios didn't have the Pat, then X is what would have happened. Also consider that each of these "squads" is actually a different group, because they can't be in multiple areas at the same time, which some of these story elements pose.

---

1. Offices - Post-breakout, police and military response would most likely respond to the origin of the breakout. Since Offices is located above the Biotics Lab, it would be safe to assume that you are there following the initial response, due to the destruction of the vehicles and death of all the police officers. Note that it is night time. Less than 10 hours post-incident.
  2. Biotics Lab - Most likely the second map, simply because it explains that the breakout has not even lasted 10 hours. The broken elevator indicates that they came from the surface, post-Office, to try and contain the situation and stop the ZED production, and NOT CONTAIN ALL THE ZEDS (there are obviously some still loose in the city, or this would be the end of the story) 10 hours post-incident.
  3. Farm - ZEDs slaughtered families in their sleep, implying that this map is post-outbreak within the first 24 hours. <24 hours post-incident.
  4. West London - Your helicopter obviously still has fuel, as it takes off. We have no idea where Biotics Lab is in relation to West London, but the time span, "less than a month ago" indicates that it is possibly very far from the situation. <1 month post incident.
  5. Manor - One of several helicopter crashes to begin plaguing the Squad. Most likely trying to simply get away from the Zombie infestation. Attempting to justify the helicopter ride provides more insight. The helicopter's crash is oriented in such a way that its flight pattern was north, meaning if it was attempting to move away from the outbreak and London, it had originated from the south, possibly Portsmouth, for example. No time frame.

How's this sound? =D

Last edited:
Well farm is actually a Red Orchestra map that was brought into Killing Floor, it isn't really 1 of the original Killing Floor maps.

West London is one end of the outer limits of the quarantine zone. Down the street past the police station entrance (where all the sand bags are), there is a barriade of vehicles that would lead to a street going on to Offices.

Offices in the original story was right above the Biotics Lab, but it couldn't be directly reached, and the DRF needed to go through the sewers to reach it. The place where presumably they would link up is likely there, but is completely blocked off in the mod. In the retail version however there is a path down a flight of stairs on the bottom floor of the Offices beyond that red room. In Biotics Lab there is also a red room with a specimen spawn over a barricade right next to the rooms entrance. That barricade appears to go round the corner and possibly upstairs in the opposite way to the Offices red room, suggesting that the 2 are linked, but blocked off with debris.

Manor far as I can tell is just an abandoned building where the reinforcements for containing the quarantine crashed their helicoptor and drew the attention of the specimens that were spreading over the country.

I had written up the complete story a while back if you want to have a read. I'm not as happy with it now as I was when I first posted it, but you still might find it interesting :)

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42779

You might find figuring out what happened in each map after the outbreak a bit easier to sort out if you know what happened before :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not just that the elevator at the entrance of the Office is the elevator at the spawn area of Biolabs.

Actually I had the same thought, but it isn't no, because if you play through the KF 1.0 campaign the elevator looking door behind the players at the Biotics Lab spawn is really a back door leading to a closed off waste disposal area, and a sewer entrance. Presumably where Horzine would dump their illegal experimental waste (and is incidently where you manage to break into the labs ;))

That barricaded stairwell is the only place I can see where there could be a direct link from the offices to the labs that is canon for bnoth the orignal campaign and the retail maps :)

Upvote 0