• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release Rebalance Mod

Great link! Thank You very much for your time and help.
biggrin.gif

Upvote 0
Hi there, you seem to be the one who might help. The problem is that I don't even know where to start learning about mods and stuff, there is no modding tutorial on official wik, google didn't help either.

Can you please give me a simple example?

Let's say I need to increase starting ammo of DBS.
I assume that I need this file:
\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Development\Src\KFGameContent\Classes\KFWeap_Shotgun_DoubleBarrel.uc

And in this file, I need this string:
InitialSpareMags[0]=11

What exactly do I need to do next?

If I will modify it right there I will just modify the game itself, but I need to make a mod, and I need to somehow make these .u and (?) .upk files.

Upvote 0
what i used for this was a gameinfo mod. They're better for larger scale changes since theres a good deal of setup you have to do to get it started, but I prefer it over mutators.

• To edit the doublebarrel with a gameinfo mod you'd need to make an a class file that extends double barrel and change it's default properties
  • Then you need to make a weapdef class for it (see other weapdef classes for examples, I recommend making it extend the weapdef of the original double barrel unless you intend on changing all the properties)
  • Then you need to make a new package in the SDK with a copy of the trader arch, except in the copy you made, change the original double barrel to your double barrel
  • Then you need make a .int file that contains a description for your double barrel or the shop won't know how to sort it and the text in the menu will be all messed up.

It's a lengthier process than mutators, but I find the coding part to be alot easier to figure out for gameinfo mods, and once you get a bunch of stuff set up, editting existing weapons, perks, adding new weapons, etc, becomes a quick and easy process.

If you have more questions feel free to ask or check out my other thread explaining how to make gameinfo mods in greater detail http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=116230

I've been pretty busy with school work recently so I might take like a week to answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Could you be more specific to where I should add:

"?game=Rebalance.RebalanceInfo"?

Which .ini file?

I am new to dedicated servers, got custom maps running and I'd like to add your rebalance too!

If you open your KF2Server.bat file with a text editor, you can edit the command line arguements. ?game=Rebalance.RebalanceInfo would just go at the end (or after any other arguments)

Example command line with my mod added
start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver KF-BioticsLab?adminpassword=123?game=Rebalance.RebalanceInfo

I believe you can also do it by changing default game type in PCServer-KFGame.ini equal to Rebalance.RebalanceInfo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0