• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release Rebalance Mod

xmrmeow

Grizzled Veteran
  • Mar 23, 2015
    These are the changes:

Player:
    • Syringe heals 35 (was going to make it 20-25-30-35 based on difficulty but too lazy since I intend on only playing hoe)
    • Syringe uses 50% charge on ally heal instead of half recharge time
    • Syringe use range increased (135 ->180)
    • Having knife out gives a movespeed boost (15% to normal speed, 11% to sprint speed)
    • Unlimited flashlight/NV

All zeds:

• Teleporting removed
    • Rage on 5 zeds left removed for FP and Scrake
    • Movespeed randomness changed from +-10% to +-3% to lessen the possible negative affects of RNG (plz no random +10% speed FP....)

Individual zeds:
    Small:
    • Cyst: No changes
    • Alpha: No changes
    • Slasher: No changes
    • Gorefast: No changes
    • Crawler: No changes
    • Stalker: No changes

Medium:
    • Bloat:
      • Vomit damage 12->8
      • Vomit dot duration 12->8
      • Vomit dot scale .08333->.285714
      • (total damage change is 24->26, this makes the initial hit less but the dot does damage faster and more damage)
    • Siren: Body no longer takes 50% damage
    • Husk: Fireball base damage 25->20 (base + dot on hoe was 68.75 (25 *1.75 + .2*25 per second for 5 seconds) I believe for a direct hit. This should be 51 total for a direct hit on hoe)

Large:
    Scrake:
    • Increase head base health to better match kf1 (600->750)
    • Resists fire/MWG by 50% from taking 100%
    Fleshpound:
    • Increase head base health to better match kf1 (650->775)
    • Resist MWG by 50% from taking 100%

Boss:
    • Hans: only patriarch spawns as Hans could use a rework and he's really not fun right now
    • Patriarch: Health 3750->3250 (I've never seen patriarch kill less than 3 people in a 6 man HOE game against him, nor have I never seen it end in any other way besides after 10 minutes of the last 1 or 2 people kiting him around the map)

Perks:
    Commando:
    • All guns now have penetration for burst fire/full auto to make these fire modes actually usable on small zeds without burning through your whole ammo pool as long as they're lined up (Keep in mind different zeds have different penetration resist and the curves for penetration damage make each zed hit past the first take less damage, and support weapons have double these values or more)
    • AR15 given 5 penetration in burst fire, spread in burst reduced (.01->.004)
    • Bullpup given 5 penetration in full auto
    • AK12 given 5 penetration in burst, 7 in full auto
    • SCAR given 7 penetration in full auto
    • Single fire now does +35% damage.
    • AK12 buffed (damage 35->40, spread on alt-fire decreased 0.0085->0.003)
    • All commando zed time projectiles doubled speed (7500->15000)
    • Leadership skill reload bonus for allies increased(10%->15%)
    Support:
    • Total and starting ammo increased by 8 on m4
    • Minor ammo cost reduction
    • Double barrel penetration (2->4)
    • M4 penetration increased(2 ->3)
    • Pump buffed(damage 20->25, fire rate 0.77 -> 0.55, penetration 2->3)
    • Tier 25 perk safeguard buffed (armor given 5->15)
    Berserker:
    • Vampire heals increased from 4 to 8
    • Eviscerator penetration increased (4->20) ammo pool reduced(20->15)
    • Katana set as berserker weapon (since martial artist isn't out yet)
    • Berserker spawns with katana instead of crovel; katana has the gold skin from kf1

Medic:
    • New T3 added - Medic Grenade Launcher (launches smaller aoe versions of the medic grenades)
    • Shotgun ammo pool increased to 70

Firebug:
    • DOT duration increased for all fire weapons from 5 to 7, increment changed from 1 to .8
    • Range increase for flamethrower and MWG
    • MWG ammo/sec slightly reduced (.07 ->.05)
    • Lowered minimum ammo used for caulk, flamethrower, and MWG (caulk 4->3, flame 4->3, MWG 4->3)
    • Added a fire grenade launcher - launches a fire grenade that explodes on impact and has all the effects of a molotov
    • Molotov buffed (impact damage 60->100, aoe 250->350, number of fire splashes 4->6)

Demo:
    • All weapons have arm range reduced to 1.5 meters from 3.5
    • Starting ammo increase per level removed (all demo weaps besides c4 have starting ammo increased to compensate)
    • HX25 change projectile from submunition to mini grenade launcher round (150 damage, 400 radius)
    • Adjust RPG to match law damage/ammo/ammocost
    • C4 removed consecutive explosion resist, increase cost to 350 each, base cost to 800, damage increased to match pipe bomb from kf1.
    • M79 damage increased (225->450) and stun added on hit
    • Nuke changed to large aoe minor damage poison field, only capable of significantly damaging/killing small zeds(like a bigger version of medic grenade in terms of dps)
    • Added new demo tier 2 weapon: explosive revolver: fires explosive tipped magnum rounds (200 damage, 400 radius)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sru9f75ozwws9yu/Rebalance.zip?dl=0 The .u file and UPK go in your KFGame/Brewed folder, the .INT file goes in your KFGame/Localization/INT folder

To run this on a server, add ?game=Rebalance.RebalanceInfo to the command line or set the default game mode to RebalanceInfo instead of KFGameInfo_Survival.

If you notice any bugs feel free to report them here.

Any time you see a changelog post, if you downloaded the mod prior to the post time, to receive the effects of the changes, redownload from the same url and install the same way.

Source code for any coders who want it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2ucyy5ke41t9hx/RebalanceSource.zip?dl=0
    A whopping 63kb :p

Last edited:
    Changelog:
    -Fixed a bug causing berserker and support weapons, and molotovs / fire grenade launcher not being recognized as on-perk weapons (got em all this time I swear :p )
    -Fixed a bug where nightvision was draining battery still

-Changed zeds' movespeed randomness to +-3% from +-10%
    -Made the molotov grenade have 6 fire splashes instead of 4

Things I'm looking in to:
    -Support's penetration may be OP since I changed some things not knowing the weapons weren't being affected by perk bonuses
    -Firebug weapons may be OP for the same reason

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I really like using the knife to run away on slower classes. I think it's balanced since pretty much any weapon makes it easier to kill stuff in your way, so you need to be really good at weaving around zeds to actually get away through tight areas. Might be OP on like medic/GS/zerker though.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Would be nice of OP was updated so that I don't have to read through the changelog and try to version control it it my head to understand what the mod does. Not the only example:
    M79 damage increased (225->400)
    Changelog:
    -Increase m79 damage to 450 (damage of m79 in kf1) and gave it stun on hit to make it feel more useful as a middle ground between tier 2 (explosive revolver) and tier 4 (RPG)

Edit: Also actual numbers everywhere, please, instead of just saying that you buffed something.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Would be nice of OP was updated so that I don't have to read through the changelog.

Done; also formatted better.

I know you can play solo offline by using a command line to launch the game; it takes like 2 seconds. I'm not sure if you can set it to use custom gamemodes in game through solo play yet though (hopefully that will come with the release of listen servers).

if you go to your steamapps/common/killingfloor2/binaries/win64 folder, shift right-click and click "open command window here", type KFGame mapname?game=Rebalance.RebalanceInfo and press enter it will launch the game with that map on solo.

E.g. KFGame kf-bioticlab?game=Rebalance.RebalanceInfo

It will default the game settings to whatever you last played on solo (if I last played suicidal medium it will set it to that).

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Done; also formatted better.
    Thanks.

I know you can play solo offline by using a command line to launch the game; it takes like 2 seconds. I'm not sure if you can set it to use custom gamemodes in game through solo play yet though (hopefully that will come with the release of listen servers).

if you go to your steamapps/common/killingfloor2/binaries/win64 folder, shift right-click and click "open command window here", type KFGame mapname?game=Rebalance.RebalanceInfo and press enter it will launch the game with that map on solo.

E.g. KFGame kf-bioticlab?game=Rebalance.RebalanceInfo

It will default the game settings to whatever you last played on solo (if I last played suicidal medium it will set it to that).
    Thanks. Trying FB atm. I feel like I should also make a mod with my changes.
    The perk skills seems to be buggy though. Flarotov works but after choosing splash I'm not sure I have it since flames are not blue and you said you increased default range so it's hard to judge range. And the text on the perk skills is whacked. Lists the long variable name of the description instead of the value. And my skill choices resets at least visually to the left side options.

Firebug:
    • DOT duration increased for all fire weapons from 5 to 7, increment changed from 1 to .8
    • MWG ammo/sec slightly reduced (.07 ->.05)
    • Lowered minimum ammo used for caulk, flamethrower, and MWG (caulk 4->3, flame 4->3, MWG 4->3)
    • Added a fire grenade launcher - launches a fire grenade that explodes on impact and has all the effects of a molotov
    • Molotov buffed (impact damage 60->100, aoe 250->350, number of fire splashes 4->6)

• What does increment on DOT mean?
    • Does this mean that DPS is reduced or is ammo used independent from damage dealt on the MWG?
    • FT (4->2) not (4->3). MWG (3->2) not (4->3).
    • It's fun. Love it.
    • It seems to me like the aoe is smaller than bigger.

Upvote 0
    Thanks.

• What does increment on DOT mean?
    • Does this mean that DPS is reduced or is ammo used independent from damage dealt on the MWG?
    • FT (4->2) not (4->3). MWG (3->2) not (4->3).
    • It's fun. Love it.
    • It seems to me like the aoe is smaller than bigger.

The skills reset to defaults every time you switch perks because they don't get saved to a file like the normal settings

Increment is how often the damage ticks during the DOT effect. increment of 1 would be it deals damage every 1 second, .8 is it deals damage every .8 seconds. I reduced the FT and MWG min ammo slightly just because after I buffed the DOT, just tapping fire with the caulk n burn I could kill most things in the wave if they were grouped up with very little ammo. Basically, I want the dot to almost kill after the whole duration, and fully kill with the perk that extends duration. So I'm playing around with the numbers to achieve this.

I believe ammo consumed is independant from damage over time when it comes to firing things that drain ammo over time. So if I reduce MWG's ammo used over time, the damage is unaffected.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Changelog:
    Bloat:
    • Vomit damage 12->8
    • Vomit dot duration 12->8
    • Vomit dot scale .08333->.285714
    • (total damage change is 24->26, this makes the initial hit less but the dot does damage faster and more damage)

Husk:
    • Fireball base damage 25->20 (base + dot on hoe was 68.75 (25 *1.75 + .2*25 per second for 5 seconds) I believe for a direct hit. This should be 51 total for a direct hit on hoe)

Patriarch:
    • Health 3750->3250 (I've never seen patriarch kill less than 3 people in a 6 man HOE game against him, nor have I never seen it end in any other way besides after 10 minutes of the last 1 or 2 people kiting him around the map)

Commando:
    • All guns now have penetration for burst fire/full auto to make them actually usable on small zeds without burning through your whole ammo pool as long as they're lined up (Keep in mind different zeds have different penetration resist and the curves for penetration damage make each zed hit past the first take less damage, and support weapons have double these values or more)
    • AR15 given 5 penetration in burst fire, spread in burst reduced (.01->.004)
    • Bullpup given 5 penetration in full auto
    • AK12 given 5 penetration in burst, 7 in full auto
    • SCAR given 7 penetration in full auto
    • Reverted change to large mags
    • Single fire damage +30%->+35% (all the guns already 1 hit headshot small zeds, and you'd be stupid to use single fire on large zeds, so this should only change the number of hits to kill medium zeds)
    • Leadership teammate reload bonus 10%->15%

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Changelog:
    • Figured out how to fix the perk skill text not displaying correctly and included an instructions file with the .zip
    • Berserker now spawns with the katana instead of crovel
    • Katana's texture is now the golden katana skin from KF1 (res is a bit low, I'll work on touching it up a bit later)

Upvote 0
    Hmm I've been struggling with adding different textures and material to zeds. Im curious as to how your getting your modifications to the clients.

In your case its the katana. In my case its a zed which is extended off of kfpawn_zedbloat. I have a upk with a new texture and mic for the zed. Can you explain how I do this?

In my zed default properties I have:

Code:
    BodyMICIndex='OSGMat.TyrantBloat_MIC'

Which matches the file upk package containing new texture and material. It is not working though for me. Where do the files have to be when I compile my zed? Am I missing a step? If you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Upvote 0
    Hmm I've been struggling with adding different textures and material to zeds. Im curious as to how your getting your modifications to the clients.

In your case its the katana. In my case its a zed which is extended off of kfpawn_zedbloat. I have a upk with a new texture and mic for the zed. Can you explain how I do this?

In my zed default properties I have:

Code:
    BodyMICIndex='OSGMat.TyrantBloat_MIC'

Which matches the file upk package containing new texture and material. It is not working though for me. Where do the files have to be when I compile my zed? Am I missing a step? If you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

I can let you know this: If you want a mod, to speak to another mod, you must not have any physical relationships between the two. (I.e., client side files)

You can refer to an other mods code, but you cannot request another mods assets, unless that other mod is ALREADY using those same assets.
    The problem is that a mod will not read another mod from inside the cache folder unless it is already loaded.

This may not make sense, because I may have worded this weird, but basically, the easiest way to get your mods to work together, is to merge the m into ONE mod package.

Merge mods = no cache issues.

This will probably be irrelevant when the modding on the steam workshop goes live. :)

Upvote 0
    Yeah kinda does make sense, thanks for the input. I apologize to xmrmeow Dont mean to offtopic your thread. Great info you shared in the code section I will continue this there. Thank You.
    wink.gif

Upvote 0