• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Realtime Shadows Mutator

TheMutant

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2012
Germany
Hello fellow community,
I also gave it a try to create projector-based realtime calculated shadows on Unreal Engine 2. They are not perfect for sure, but the best I could make out of the technology.
The shadows are disabled by default, so you have to enable them before getting started. I decided to go that way, to avoid potential FPS drops to clients (that don't have them installed themselves) connecting to a server running the mutator. As this is a client-side feature there is no stress at all on servers running the realtime shadows mutator!

Realtime Shadows Mutator has been whitelisted in v1061!

Description:
This mutator adds real time calculated shadows to players and monsters.
This only works if shadows are enabled (full shadows) in the main game.
The shadows can be configured to your liking by altering the configuration file directly (which will be created after on the first run) or using the ingame interface when playing Solo (Mutators tab->Configure Mutators). Your settings will also be used when playing on servers running this mutator.

Special Thanks:
I want to thank all of my mates that have participated in beta-testing especially Agent_Vealckowsky and brett1890.
Also Squirrel 'Matt Farber' Zero for creating the code foundation.

Download:
Steam Workshop
Mega

Attachments

• Shadows1.jpg
    Shadows1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Shadows5.jpg
    Shadows5.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Shadows6.jpg
    Shadows6.jpg