• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Really hoping for an Eastern front US mod using ro2 engine

Jerren

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Im pretty bid on darkest hour. Are any of you guys into it? Im excited about Rising Storm, but IMO, there is nothing quite like going up against the nazi axis with the thompson and good ole BAR. Do you guys think we can at some point look forward to a "Darkest hour 2" if you will... with the RO2 engine? Pretty much like rising storm but fighting against Nazis in Normany? I sure wish that TWI will one day give us a realistic eastern front game jsut like Ro2.

up against the nazi axis with the republican thompson and good ole democratic BAR.
Fixed

Snuffeldjuret said:
The axis stuff is done via RO2
Except RO2 era stuff such as the Panzers, MkBs and whatever else would be out of place for the western front.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It should say Western Front for the US and at this point, I'm sure only the DH Devs and maybe a few others have an idea on which direction they want to go with their next project. A mod for RO2?... A mod for another game?... or a stand alone project? I don't know.

The DH team did a great job with the Darkest Hour mod, although I will be honest and say that at this point for me, the western front in WW2 games is sorta boring and cliche thanks to all the other 'psuedo' ww2 games out there.

Upvote 0
I personally would not mind another DH mod. Although I would like to see more urban late-war battles. Maybe even a last-week map taking place in Czechoslovakia :)

If I could take my pick of a mod to take "DH2"s place, it would probably be something like the Kurland campaign. There were some pretty crazy battles there until the end of the war. Mass slaughter, unfortunately, though :(

Upvote 0
I only like DH because its like the continuation of ROOST, I really dont care about the US army, and anyway its pretty old, used and too "mainstream" IMO.

I agree with defining it "mainstream", even if i enjoyed (and i still play) DH. I will also play RS for sure :D

Anyway, i'm more interested, for example, in the French front in 1940 :)

Upvote 0