Really hoping for an Eastern front US mod using ro2 engine

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Jerren

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 8, 2011
Im pretty bid on darkest hour. Are any of you guys into it? Im excited about Rising Storm, but IMO, there is nothing quite like going up against the nazi axis with the thompson and good ole BAR. Do you guys think we can at some point look forward to a "Darkest hour 2" if you will... with the RO2 engine? Pretty much like rising storm but fighting against Nazis in Normany? I sure wish that TWI will one day give us a realistic eastern front game jsut like Ro2.

jinnwarior

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 28, 2011
I'm pretty sure the DH team was making a RO2 version.
I'd really like to see a japan Vs china/Russia mod though, it's the only ww2 front i haven't seen yet.

Reactions: skittlesareyum47

Snuffeldjuret

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 6, 2010
Goteborg, Sweden
The axis stuff is done via RO2, and the allies stuff is done via RS. It should not be a very big effort to make custom maps or if really needed a mod for the western front. It could just go with the RS/RO2 "style" and only create maps and static meshes. I would love it, as diversity is great =).

skittlesareyum47

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2009
I believe DH2 plans on doing a larger mod than DH. I have HEARD (not confirmed) that they are looking into having DH2 cover the Italian, North African, AND Western European campaigns.

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
It should say Western Front for the US and at this point, I'm sure only the DH Devs and maybe a few others have an idea on which direction they want to go with their next project. A mod for RO2?... A mod for another game?... or a stand alone project? I don't know.

The DH team did a great job with the Darkest Hour mod, although I will be honest and say that at this point for me, the western front in WW2 games is sorta boring and cliche thanks to all the other 'psuedo' ww2 games out there.

Nezzer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 3, 2010
Porto Alegre, RS
I am really, really sick of Normandy and D-Day. I like DH because of some servers and some cool features, but I can't stand the front it portrays anymore and I try to ignore that. I really hope they make some maps in Italy in DH2.

Alexander Ostmann

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 31, 2009
Maine, USA
I personally would not mind another DH mod. Although I would like to see more urban late-war battles. Maybe even a last-week map taking place in Czechoslovakia :)

If I could take my pick of a mod to take "DH2"s place, it would probably be something like the Kurland campaign. There were some pretty crazy battles there until the end of the war. Mass slaughter, unfortunately, though :(

RiccardoTheBeAst

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2009
Italy
I only like DH because its like the continuation of ROOST, I really dont care about the US army, and anyway its pretty old, used and too "mainstream" IMO.

I agree with defining it "mainstream", even if i enjoyed (and i still play) DH. I will also play RS for sure :D

Anyway, i'm more interested, for example, in the French front in 1940 :)

timmyvos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 11, 2010
The Netherlands
Don't you mean Western Front? It's traditional to refer to the Soviet-German conflict as the Eastern Front and the British/French/Polish/Canadian/American-German conflict as the Western Front. Apart from that I'm sick of D-Day and Merricuh singlehandedly winning the war so I'm happy with the Pacific and the Eastern Front.

timmyvos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 11, 2010
The Netherlands
Don't you mean Western Front? It's traditional to refer to the Soviet-German conflict as the Eastern Front and the British/French/Polish/Canadian/American-German conflict as the Western Front. Apart from that I'm sick of D-Day and Merricuh singlehandedly winning the war so I'm happy with the Pacific and the Eastern Front.

WiFiDi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 12, 2010
id rather them do the Africa core this time instead of the Normandy front. :D