• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Realistic "tactical shooter" on the horizon : Ground Branch

NoxNoctum

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
It's being made by a small development team, Blackfoot studios, with a lot of ex-RedStorm members. Their aim is apparentally to build on the original R6 games and come out with something even more awesome.

Lots of info if you dig around on the forum:

http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/index.php?showforum=13

Ground Branch Synopsis

Ground Branch is the premiere title from Blackfoot Studios. The term Ground Branch is a little known Military and Intelligence reference phrase for the paramilitary wing of the CIA. Ground Branch is composed of a Command that oversees operational teams which conduct military and intelligence actions in support of the goals specified by the National Command Authority.

These teams are not constrained by the law of land warfare that applies to military units. They operate under the radar and outside public knowledge, often conducting operations in conjunction with Special Operations Forces. Their members are drawn from the best former SOF operators from around the world including US Army Special Forces, British SAS, Australian SAS, Navy SEALs, Delta Force, and GSG9 just to name a few.

Ground Branch often operates in an area where there is no official or allowed military presence and utilizes the most advanced weaponry, intelligence and support mechanisms.

The story in Ground Branch opens with the expanding Chinese oil companies backing a guerrilla leader in Sumatra. The goal is the over throw of the West Sumatran government in order to allow China easier access to the massive oil strata discovered to the west of the country in Sumatran waters. Loss of communication with an advance Intel gathering team along with Guerrilla seizure of oil platforms and a bold move toward the capital of West Sumatra result in the CIA deployment of a Ground Branch 6 man team to gather intelligence and assess the situation in preparation for possible US Military intervention.

The Ground Branch Team enters the fray and the player begins a whirlwind experience where the battlefield evolves and the morality of right and wrong become a matter of choice. The gamer will chase a warlord and an elusive truth across a country while employing advanced techniques such as covert underwater scuba operations and high altitude parachuting techniques known as HALO to surprise a vastly superior enemy.

The basis for the Ground Branch game experience is, like everything else in the title, realism. There are legions of FPS fans that are constantly saying, ?I wish there was a game where I could do such and such just like the real world.? With Ground Branch, they will. All the while getting their hands "dirty" and experiencing the visceral consequences of hard decisions made during desperate situations.

Last edited:
Sounds good... but i can't forget de disappointing experience of R6 lockdown and lasvegas :p

Lockdown and Vegas got made after the original developers where taken over by Ubisoft, and that company is responsible for what Lockdown and Vegas have become.
This is from the original developers, so i have high hopes for it. I just wish they would bring out a preview with some screenshots of any kind though.

Upvote 0
Lockdown and Vegas got made after the original developers where taken over by Ubisoft, and that company is responsible for what Lockdown and Vegas have become.
This is from the original developers, so i have high hopes for it. I just wish they would bring out a preview with some screenshots of any kind though.
Please don't compare Vegas with Lockdown.

Upvote 0
Well both are equally crap in my book.
Nah, Vegas looks like a fun shooter from I've seen from it. Not like a Rainbow Six game at all, I agree with you, but still like potential fun. I bet it rocks in co-op.

Lockdown played like incarnated lazyness, from enemy behaviour over the linear level design to the weapons. Co-op was pointless too because of the levels and the enemies - not that those in older games were much smarter, but since you died faster and the levels were MUCH better it didn't matter that much. I bought it for my xbox just to see why everyone was complaining. Played it pretty far too but one of the sniper missions got so on my nerves that I stopped.

Upvote 0
Tbh, I think this will be another America's Army. Let's hope I'm wrong. If it has co-op and a huge map it might be good.

The forums seem active though, so that's a good thing.

Link to screenshots, by the way?

You have to register on the forums to have access to the "members only" section where they have put up some models etc. (actually "taken" from the game, not just renders)

Upvote 0