• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Realism servers have stats and unlockables right?

gusone

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
I was going to ask this in the other thread but after grinding to 5 pages of treacle to post I noticed it was locked. So like it says on the tin. You can run a realism server with all the cool stats and unlockables right and it really is just an option the server overlord can turn off?

We got our server good to go and we were planning on running a 64 realism server but that depends if you can have stats/unlockables since they are rather fun.

1) There are ranked and unranked servers

2) almost certainly, unranked servers will not feature levelups because they do not feature stat tracking

3) realism will be a server-side option

That doesn't directly answer your question, but as long as you can run a ranked server in realism mode, which is damn near certain given the above, you should be able to do it. I see no reason it shouldn't be an option.

Upvote 0
Congratulations, you leveled up.

You gained:

-5 stamina
-3 agility
-2% suppression resistance
-MG barrel change

Joke aside. Im curious how the whole level system will work. As in, how will older players not wtfpwn the newbies?
Isn't it like that you have one slot were you can put in an update like less stamina drain, faster reload etc. so vets will have rare weapons and more perks they can use(but only one not all)

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
Funny how only 2 posts actually try to answer the OP's question...

AFAIK the server options will be very broad to suffice for a lot of people.
However tbh I think that unranked means that everything will be unlocked.
And I do not mean the firefight unlocked (everybody can choose every class and every gun) but just the weapons available as if you're maximum level.

So with unranked a newbie would be able to be SL and choose the Mkb42 as a weapon. But that's just what I think unranked will be.

The realism/relaxed realism option has n othing to do with the ranked or weapons options afaik.

I hope this answers your question at least partly:eek:

Upvote 0
Funny how only 2 posts actually try to answer the OP's question...

AFAIK the server options will be very broad to suffice for a lot of people.
However tbh I think that unranked means that everything will be unlocked.
And I do not mean the firefight unlocked (everybody can choose every class and every gun) but just the weapons available as if you're maximum level.

So with unranked a newbie would be able to be SL and choose the Mkb42 as a weapon. But that's just what I think unranked will be.

The realism/relaxed realism option has n othing to do with the ranked or weapons options afaik.

I hope this answers your question at least partly:eek:

remember they also conveniently allowed you to scale up the hero level, so you had to use their stock-standard mp40s if the silly admins want you to :cool:

Upvote 0
But does this mean a hero won't be able to join a server with other heroes in?

It's most likely going to be limited like the sniper class, for example. I'm sure people will play around with silly servers that have a bunch of heroes, but they're free to do what they want with the money they spend on servers. Perhaps the most important thing about this game is the freedom of choice and modabilty they appear to still be giving us; something you won't find in new games anymore, like Battlefield 3.

Upvote 0
I thought the hero was decided on a per-round basis, whilst there is just persistent veterancy elsewhere.

Most likely the server will pick a hero at the styart of the map. It probably picks the highest 'level' player or chooses randomly from all players of sufficient 'level'. So normally no 8-star generals full servers as seen in CoD.

Level could be any form of stat or skill measuring algorithm in-game.
Also I said probaly and most likely, it could be entirely different (we just don't know for sure yet:eek:)

Upvote 0