• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Real engine sounds.

Elysium

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 28, 2006
Palmerston North, New Zealand
I posted this in the Idea thread and thought I'd post this here too.
Does anyone think the Panther tank's engine doesn't sound realistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creutz
Agreed,

First of all I must say that RO have the greatest sounds ever played out in wargame.
But.. if i have to rant ..
Could to some tweakeing, First of all the tanks wich should have loud engine sounds along with the ratteling tracks.
The tank guns are loud and pretty much right, perhaps a tad more depth to it.

Yeah the engine like the Panther's should have the sound like this panther.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7422&q=panther
Another thing I think should be added for sound is when you fire the main gun, you should hear the sound of a spent shell case being ejected on the turret floor.

Elysium said:
I posted this in the Idea thread and thought I'd post this here too.
Does anyone think the Panther tank's engine doesn't sound realistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creutz
Agreed,

First of all I must say that RO have the greatest sounds ever played out in wargame.
But.. if i have to rant ..
Could to some tweakeing, First of all the tanks wich should have loud engine sounds along with the ratteling tracks.
The tank guns are loud and pretty much right, perhaps a tad more depth to it.

Yeah the engine like the Panther's should have the sound like this panther.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7422&q=panther
Another thing I think should be added for sound is when you fire the main gun, you should hear the sound of a spent shell case being ejected on the turret floor.

good idea, but devs dont read this forum and there are no coders to make a mutator for all those things. (well, maybe one...):)

Mod-friendly game it is.

Upvote 0
i read these forums too, occationally..

if you happen to find a way to jix with the sounds so you get a pleasurable reasult better than whats ingame now, please show!

engine sounds are easily the most complex sounds in the game.. you have to get a good mix of everything for it to sound good even when pitched back and forth..

i strongly support custom stuff

Upvote 0
Elysium said:
Well I know nothing of programming or anything related so I'll leave that up to you pros and fans :D Though that idea of the shell casing dropping onto the turret floor wouldn't be a bad idea?
it's a good idea but we need more tutorials on how to create mutators. AT the same time Im strongly against any mutators or limits on what I can, or rather can not replace in the game - it makes any custom content very difficult to implement if not impossible for the majority (99.9%) of RO users/players.

Upvote 0
vonRas said:
it's a good idea but we need more tutorials on how to create mutators. AT the same time Im strongly against any mutators or limits on what I can, or rather can not replace in the game - it makes any custom content very difficult to implement if not impossible for the majority (99.9%) of RO users/players.

Stop asking other people to do things for you.

There is a huge amount of resources for modding unreal tech, and it is relatively easy to do. Using mutators for content creation it is very powerful.

Seems the most difficult is to get your hands out of your crying eyes and do it yourself.

:rolleyes:
:mad:

Upvote 0
Moz said:
Stop asking other people to do things for you.
Im not asking, but you do.

As of the rest, maybe it's time to pull your heads out of your .... and realize that the majority of people have no time/desire/need to learn how to code using an engine that is already outdated, in order to replace a sound or a skin?

Using mutators for content creation it is very powerful.
Sure thing, time will tell. So far I have not seen a single custom model/skin/sound in the game. All WIP, that stops right at the moment when people need a stupid mutator to implement it.

Upvote 0
Are you some kind of moron or something?

Have you actually done anything http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCgfCOLfAwI crying foul about the lack of custom content?

Since you seem to have "time/desire/need" to make custom content then get of your lazy ass and learn how to do it.

If you notice in those 2 threads you so craftfully linked to I was asking for help instead of obviously flamebaiting and bitching and whining because you want something for nothing.

I don't have much coding, skinning, modelling experience but thats not stopping me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
vonRas said:
Im not asking, but you do.

As of the rest, maybe it's time to pull your heads out of your .... and realize that the majority of people have no time/desire/need to learn how to code using an engine that is already outdated, in order to replace a sound or a skin?

Sure thing, time will tell. So far I have not seen a single custom model/skin/sound in the game. All WIP, that stops right at the moment when people need a stupid mutator to implement it.
You have a mighty fine knack for flamebaiting, you know that? I suggest you lose the attitude pretty quick.

Upvote 0
vonRas said:
good idea, but devs dont read this forum and there are no coders to make a mutator for all those things. (well, maybe one...):)

Mod-friendly game it is.

I check the sound forum on occasion too.. :p

ok. now the business end of the stick..

Keep it nice gentleman.

OK.. now that's over..

<rant>
Actually one good thing about the Unreal Engine is anything you learned in the previous engine carries over to the next gen Engine (at least thus far.. and frankly, Epic would be dumb to change that now...)..
I learned LD on UT99.. and let me tell you it's really given me a good footing in understanding UT2k3/ut2k4/ostfront mapping.. new features.. sure.. but the fundementals are the same.. triggers are still triggers.. player spawns are still player spawns.. etc..

In conclusion, although some may feel that the UE2.5 engine is 'outdated', I strongly feel that learning the ins-and-outs of UE2.5 would carry over well to UE3 and beyond.
</end rant>

-----------------
Now.. back on topic....

A simple mutator could do this.. just ramp up the engine sounds on all ROVehicle subclasses by +50% or whatever.

As for updating the Reload sounds to add a shell-casing dropping, a mutator to replace the first reloading sound. (reload sounds are dividing into 4 parts to make them easier to space to the real reload times).
Just remix the sound to add in the shell dropping sound you want and mutate.

Now.. as for doing a mutator.. I've personally never done it (yet.. but a TC doesn't need mutators... :p ).. but if someone wants to whop up a Easy-1-2-3 Mutator Tutorial in the coding forum, I'll be more then happy to sticky it :]

Upvote 0