• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Real City Plan of Stalingrad

Tiger2

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
I want to suggest for Tripwire devs to study the actual city plan of Stalingrad and other towns and cities in 1942-1943 and base their multiplayer maps on them.

This applies especially to historical places (for example the main square in Stalingrad).

One possible byproduct is that the urban environments will become authentic and realistic. Average engagement ranges will increase and create a natural balance between submachine guns and bolt rifles.

I am pretty sure they have not. What you fail to realise is that the parametres and proportions in urban environments were never correctly implemented. The architecture was not correctly implemented.

Have you played on Danzig? Konigsberg? Stalingrad Kressel?

Do you know that cities were never built as you are seeing them in RO:OST. Lack of time/resources plus the gameplay!

They wanted to reduce the average engagement range and that is why they their maps were unrealistic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am pretty sure they have not. What you fail to realise is that the parametres and proportions in urban environments were never correctly implemented. The architecture was not correctly implemented.

I know that the architecture is smaller ingame than it really was, and I really, really hope that RO:HOS maps will be more like Kriegstadt, which was almost 1:1 scale. But TWI knows a LOT about the Eastern Front, especially Alan, and I'm 100% sure they've studied city plans and / or maps of the areas. Really, these guys aren't stupid.

Upvote 0

Have you played on Danzig? Konigsberg? Stalingrad Kressel?

Do you know that cities were never built as you are seeing them in RO:OST. Lack of time/resources plus the gameplay!

They wanted to reduce the average engagement range and that is why they their maps were unrealistic.
Well, Konigsplatz was built on a one-to-one scale with the real world environment, so the ranges are true-to-life. Come to think of it, so was the recent Fallen Heroes.

Upvote 0
I want to suggest for Tripwire devs to study the actual city plan of Stalingrad and other towns and cities in 1942-1943 and base their multiplayer maps on them.

This applies especially to historical places (for example the main square in Stalingrad).

One possible byproduct is that the urban environments will become authentic and realistic. Average engagement ranges will increase and create a natural balance between submachine guns and bolt rifles.
Hey, I'd like to be able to actually aim with my irons instead of just putting the gun on the enemy and clicking.

Upvote 0