• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Re-skin/Mutator] The Rotting

Impatience is never rewarded. Since it makes us Modders keep the mods for ourselves and say "screw you TWI forums, im putting this on my own server"

Its not "asking" for info what you did. Your demanding it on a very...very unpleasant tone.

As stated before, we have lives and a non-game related job maybe. Be patient.

Motivate modders by supporting them, since they provide you with free content. Its the only way of getting the mods released quick and efficient.

:)

Now that you said that,i did sound a bit upleasant,sorry. Still,i do know its never good to rush-release any mod for any kind of game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Closest I can give you is around 18:00, thats not written in stone though, If everything falls into place, it might be released a little sooner, if not it might be released later.

I'll aim for as early as possible, I'm on UK GMT.

EDIT: This mod seriously isn't for the newbie, The difficulties actually reflect the gameplay, sucidal is suicidal, you might aswel blow yourself up, your survival rate is almost nill.

I fear the backlash I might get, I fear people won't like this because its difficult, I told you it would be a nightmare.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls of all ages, tommorow will mark the beginning of a New Killing Floor nightmare!

For The Rotting finally arrives to the community!

When I release the mod I will provide a full list of features for you all to read through.

Right now, all I can say is, you're all in for a hell of a showdown, I attempted this bad boy on 10 wave Hard earlier, and had my rear end handed to me by wave 4, infact why don't I just show you...

Take a gander at some gameplay footage of The Rotting.

Killing Floor - The Rotting Mod - Gameplay - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
will be a nice addition to the zeds hordes, just having a question about the percentage between normal zeds and the rotting, from the footage it's look like when shooting at group of zeds there are always 2 or more there as if they are replacing normal one (not actually replaced, but in number), so any info about how often they will spawn and start from which wave, something like that ..

ps. my idea on this is that the rotting would caught you off-guard, not that there will be in every group charging at you ... well you know, something like letting some clot walking right up to you while shooting other threats, but you realized it when it is up close that it is not just a clot ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just having a question about the percentage between normal zeds and the rotting

Well the mod is a variation mod, so it aims to spawn various versions of the same specimen, there are 3 new versions, so the original is out spawned 3 to 1, it still spawns, but in a number crunch, example, 8 clots spawn, 2 normal, 2 rotting, 2 weak, 2 burnt, the numbers change as the waves go on, its completely random, you might get a normal scrake spawn, or you might get a rotting scrake, they all have an equal chance to spawn.

Is this mod compatible with WTFzeds, Doom3, Brute and the other other addons? I hope it is a true addon instead of a replacement. :D

Well the Brute and Shiver are included in this mod as variations, so they're already in there, but yes the mod works with Doom 3, WTF and any other specimen addons.

Coolbeans. Looking foreward to this. How large are all the packages? Yunno, Textures/StaticMeshes

I'm working on this, but as it stands, the entire download is: 112mb

Upvote 0
Its here! the list of features first:

The mod contains 31 additional specimens, these are variations of existing specimens.

Rotting Specimens: They move faster, have a weaker attack, lower health and will explode into bile upon death.

Weaker Specimens: They move slower, have a stronger attack and have standard health.

Burnt Specimens: They move at the standard speed, have standard attacks, have higher health and some are resistant to fire.

There are 3 sub specimens included, Duv, Karimu and Maiden.

Duv: A Siren broken out of her restraints, fast moving, melee attacks as well as screaming, she also has weird eyes.

Karimu: A modified Circus Fleshpound, he now carries two long blades giving him a further damage reach, he moves normally, but hits twice as hard, put him down fast.

Maiden: A modified Circus Husk, based from the Mad Husk by RoBot, he fires rockets instead of fireballs, be careful of this beast.

The Mod also includes WPC's Brute and Shiver specimens.

All Specimens have had a facelift, meaning they all have new skins.

All in all, this is my first mod for Killing Floor, it was a decent sized task to begin with, I pretty much learnt most things as I went along, 3ds Max and so on, so please be gentle if its not up to standard.

I personally think it will go down a treat, it adds a difficult element for those hard core gamers.

I apologise for the hefty file size, I'm working on how I can compress it and make it smaller.

So other than that, without further a due, please enjoy.

http://www.tsrlegacy.co.uk/KFupload/TheRotting.rar

A second Part of The Rotting is still in the works, when it ships out it will fix any glitches or problems that part one may hold, I'm already aware of a few, example, I know that Karimu's skin stretches with certain animations, that will be fixed in due time.
But all problems I know of are small and dont effect game play, so thats why i'm still releasing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You mean these:

rot.RotZombieClotR
rot.RotZombieShiver
rot.RotZombieClotB
rot.RotZombieClotW
rot.RotZombieBloatR
rot.RotZombieBloatB
rot.RotZombieBloatW
rot.RotZombieCrawlerR
rot.RotZombieCrawlerB