• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Re-skin/Mutator] The Rotting

Just popping in and releasing a quick update, make sure everyone remembers who I am :p

The update:

I still haven't made a decision on dividing the mod yet, the division has both pros and cons.

If split, the two mods most likely won't be able to run at the same time, but on the other hand, people might like the ability to scrap the variation zeds and just add the new ones...

Its a difficult decision.

On a more progressive note, I have rigged the new zeds, which means they are working in game.

I have also looked into learning animation using 3D max, I'm happy to say I have picked up the basics, which now means I can add some custom animations to the pot, which always spices up the meal.

So that is the update, I'm sure you all wanted something else to look at and get your brains buzzing, but what can I say, the technical side is a long road...a long long road....:(

Good things come to those who wait.

Hunter

Upvote 0
I have reached a decision regarding the development of this mutator and the matter of dividing the mod up into two separate sections, one for the specimen variations and one for new specimens entirely.

It is in the best interest of the community that this mutator be divided, the pros of this out weigh the cons.

The best pro to come out of this is that the multiple variations side of the development is practically finished, which means it is on the verge of a beta release, which means you, the community are going to get it much sooner than expected.

The multiple variation version will still ship with a few sub bosses, these sub bosses are specimens that have been modified from existing zeds, an example of this is the Sub-boss Siren, "The psycho broke out of her restraints!...owe this one comes with eyes too"

So that's the latest news, I apologise for multiple posts in a short time, I figure that this news was important as I don't want people thinking they're getting something and then actually getting another thing.

Lets get this thing released already!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've seen so many pieces of work and always thought hell, I wish I could do that, so secretly behind the scenes I've been learning the Inns and outs of texturing and coding for KF and I'm now at the point where I feel confident enough to publicly announce the project I'm working on.

I'm not going to give too much away in terms of content so I've attached just the one picture, but I'll detail the overview.

Story:

The Rotting: 5 Months after the infection took hold, the Specimens roam the streets in search for their next meal, but unfortunate for them, the menu ran dry a long time ago, with almost everybody already dead or mutated, the Specimens have no source of food, and with no food, the Specimens are litterally Rotting to death.

But these are tough little buggers, the hunger makes them a faster, stronger and more devastating force, a human fighting for survival can overcome the laws of nature, an enhanced creature fighting for survival...is godlike.

Main features of this Mutator are:

• Re-skins for every Specimen
  • 3 Versions for most specimens at different stages of decay
  • Specimens are stronger, faster and hit harder
  • Some Specimens also recieve an additional factor, for example, a Clot when killed will explode Bloat Bile
  • Other features may be added as the project progresses
I have no plans for a beta at this time, but who knows, it might be on the cards eventually.

Now for the pic, an un-finalised version of the Rotting Clot:

Spoiler!

By all means share your thoughts, is it lame, should I quit now? Should I continue etc...

EDIT: The Latest Pictures

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

EDIT - New New Pic

Rotting Siren
Spoiler!

My face when I used this mod, with the +3 defence! :D

Attachments

• 1312730090935.jpg
    1312730090935.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I would like your opinions please.

The Rotting is on the doorstep of release, but I have one last decision to make.

At the moment, because the theme is "Rotting", I have disabled the Rotting Specimens special abilities, E.g. The Siren wont scream, the Pound wont rage, I have done this mainly because "The Weakened" versions of specimens have enhanced versions of the classic abilities, the siren screams louder, the pound charges faster, together it would seem a bit much.

I want to know if you guys would like it leaving this way?

From testing experience I would say the way I have it set out at the moment is most effective, the rotting specimens act almost like homing bombs, if they get past a certain point, you're in trouble, that couple together with fast moving weaker versions, fire resistant versions and the standard versions make an entertaining spectacle.

BUT! with that being said, this isn't about what I want, Its about you guys.

The decision is in your hands.

Hunter-

Upvote 0
At the moment, because the theme is "Rotting", I have disabled the Rotting Specimens special abilities, E.g. The Siren wont scream, the Pound wont rage, I have done this mainly because "The Weakened" versions of specimens have enhanced versions of the classic abilities, the siren screams louder, the pound charges faster, together it would seem a bit much.

From testing experience I would say the way I have it set out at the moment is most effective, the rotting specimens act almost like homing bombs, if they get past a certain point, you're in trouble, that couple together with fast moving weaker versions, fire resistant versions and the standard versions make an entertaining spectacle.

Is there an interface in the mut list to turn off or on any combination of the different types of specimen's abilities? That would be an end-all fix to circumvent the possibility of the gameplay being too hard. Just allow the users to toggle the abilities for the different types of specimens.

Other than that, good work! I sooo wanna play this! :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would like your opinions please.

The Rotting is on the doorstep of release, but I have one last decision to make.

I want to know if you guys would like it leaving this way?

BUT! with that being said, this isn't about what I want, Its about you guys.

The decision is in your hands.

Hunter-

Keep it as it is.

Theyre weakened for a reason.

Upvote 0
Allright,im sick and tired of regular KF gameplay,so ill start my somewhat rage post.

Why didnt you release the mod yet? Make 2 separate mutators and youre good to go. You see,i hate to wait,and its been a long time.

Welcome to the Internet. Believe it or not, people have these things called "lives" - it's a wonderful gift. Some people tend not to spend 24/7 in front of a computer screen.

I'm sure the mod will be released when the author has time and is ready. Be patient and play something else while you wait.

Reactions: mrblorx and HuNteR-
Upvote 0
Allright,im sick and tired of regular KF gameplay,so ill start my somewhat rage post.

Why didnt you release the mod yet? Make 2 separate mutators and youre good to go. You see,i hate to wait,and its been a long time.

:D

Smiles all around.

The public release for part 1 is coming this week, have a little faith sir, all in good time.

The mod is split, but be aware the release is only part 1 and will only contain variation specimens and a few sub boss specimens.

The new specimens or part 2 is nowhere near ready.

But yes, this week, you will have your Rotting Specimens.

Upvote 0

Smiles all around.

The public release for part 1 is coming this week, have a little faith sir, all in good time.

The mod is split, but be aware the release is only part 1 and will only contain variation specimens and a few sub boss specimens.

Glad to hear it mate. You'll make loads happy :p

Upvote 0

Smiles all around.

Great,thanks for the info Hunter :D

Welcome to the Internet. Believe it or not, people have these things called "lives" - it's a wonderful gift. Some people tend not to spend 24/7 in front of a computer screen.

I'm sure the mod will be released when the author has time and is ready. Be patient and play something else while you wait.

Yeah,i want some info on a mod that i have been waiting for quite a long timespan and all you can say is "Hurr durr no life computah screen". No need for such an offense sir,i was just beign impatient.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Impatience is never rewarded. Since it makes us Modders keep the mods for ourselves and say "screw you TWI forums, im putting this on my own server"

Its not "asking" for info what you did. Your demanding it on a very...very unpleasant tone.

As stated before, we have lives and a non-game related job maybe. Be patient.

Motivate modders by supporting them, since they provide you with free content. Its the only way of getting the mods released quick and efficient.

:)

Upvote 0