• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Re-skin/Mutator] The Rotting

I said I'd give you a good taster this weekend, I will stick by my word, this piccy shows you the "Rotting" version of a Crawler, Clot, Bloat & Gorefast.

I personally like the variation between the specimens, how the "Weakend" look evil, the "Rotting" look like something out of a horror movie and how the "Mutated" look....well you'll have to see that later :p

advertv2copy.jpg

Enjoy my friends, soon you'll be hunting these nasty beasts!

Hunter-

Last edited:
Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
I said I'd give you a good taster this weekend, I will stick by my word, this piccy shows you the "Rotting" version of a Crawler, Clot, Bloat & Gorefast.

I personally like the variation between the specimens, how the "Weakend" look evil, the "Rotting" look like something out of a horror movie and how the "Mutated" look....well you'll have to see that later :p

Enjoy my friends, soon you'll be hunting these nasty beasts!

Hunter-

Do you still nead ideas mate?

My head is full of em.

Upvote 0
By all means mate, there is always room for fresh ideas. ;)

Well you said you were going to ship 3 Variations for the zeds,yet there might be more you can do,like burned Zeds that have fire resistance(or are immune from any fire damage).

I approve the sub-bosses and custom chars.

Anything for the Patriarch?

Also stalkers with broken invisibility would be cool(3 variations-Always cloaked,never cloaked and flash cloaking).

Im really digging your screens mate.

Note:You forgot to mention the skills for the "Rotting" variation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well you said you were going to ship 3 Variations for the zeds,yet there might be more you can do,like burned Zeds that have fire resistance(or are immune from any fire damage).

Well we have 3 variations of each specimen at this time, which totals at 27, then we have the special sub bosses which are + 10, so thats 37 specimens to ship out, then couple that together with the specimens that are already in the game as this works along side of those, which give +10 so now we are on 47 specimens that this entire mod will work with. I'd love to add more as it goes, right now though I'm wondering about the mutated variations as they are proving to be tricky lil bleeders, but its well taken on board, maybe "The Rotting 2" at somepoint to bring in more, I don't know right now, just need to pump the first batch out.

Anything for the Patriarch?

I'm doing all I can to alter the patty spawn, I'd love it to spawn a random end boss instead of patty all the time, I have a Rotted and Weakend version of patty, but as of yet they are flawed until further notice.

Also stalkers with broken invisibility would be cool(3 variations-Always cloaked,never cloaked and flash cloaking).

This is an idea thats frequently put forward and I have listened, you can expect these variations in game.

Im really digging your screens mate.

Note:You forgot to mention the skills for the "Rotting" variation.

First of all thank you, second, the "Rotting" versions main concept is the fact when killed they all explode into bile, which adds a very tricky new direction to the game as you'll want to put them down before they get close to you, something that gets hard as your flooded by the bigger specimens, and we all know crawlers are crazy for getting at your feet without you even knowing, so it adds that element.

In terms of their physical skills, the Rotting version move slower than the others as they pose more of a close quarters threat, so I am giving players the chance to put them down at a further distance. Specimen attacks are weaker, meaning if a gorefast blades you it will do half the damage, but remember, if it gets close enough to blade you, you run the risk of being covered in bile.

I have been testing variations to damages in attacks, such as when you are clawed by a clot, you suffer bile damage from its now acidic claws, these are not finalised attacks and are still under the microscope.

Hope that helped you mate.

Keep those ideas coming, I may exchange the Mutated versions for the fire resistant versions if I can't solve the issues I'm having, all I can say is stay tuned :D

I love this idea, great work m8...great work.

ps :

can you make one for our Brute? :D

I'd be glad to have the Brute be apart of the Mutator, thank you for the offer, as bogospawn said, would you like the Shiver in their too?

Upvote 0
Looks pretty awesome. If I may suggest something, you should make multiple skins for each specimen for variety and give each one slightly different stats.

So for example a more healthy looking clot would be more faster/stronger and the more "rotten" looking ones would be slower and possible exploded in bile like you said. But wether the rotten ones should do more or less damage per hit Im not sure, up to you I guess :)

Would be even better if someone could do a little modelling, for example remove an arm from a specimen or a part of its face to make them look even more different from each other.

That would actually be really fun to see in a game :D

Upvote 0
Quick Update:

Due to several issues, I have exchanged the "Mutated Versions" of the Specimens to "Burnt Versions". The Burnt Versions will be Fire Resistant which poses its own unique threat as they render Firebugs useless.

The Mutated versions are not being taken out of the project completely, but they wont make the first release, as time goes on and if the mutator is popular, a second version of "The Rotting" will be created and released with the mutated versions in it.

The main reason for the change is that, they are just taking far too long to complete, I want this mod out asap, you want this mod out asap, it makes sense to put them on the back burner for now.

All is not lost though, because I have docked the mutations, I have not only replaced them with a fresh set, but I've added another set of sub bosses to the game.

Now its time for a confession :(

The creatures I have brought in are from various other games, all modified in the end of course, but they started life in other games.

We have creatures from:
  • Bioshock
  • Bioshock 2
  • Dead Space
  • and various other games
I'd also like to announce that the following from WPC have been added to the mutator and are currently receiving "The Rotting" treatment.
  • Brute
  • Shiver
  • Hellfire
  • Fatale
So a thank you very much to WPC for allowing me to add their specimens to the ever growing list of Rotting beasts!

So thats the latest from me.

I'll keep you all updated.

Hunter-

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So? The Fatale is actually from Land of the Dead. I only placed a nade launcher on one of the arms.

I personally have no problems if stuff is from other games. As long as it give variety to KF. Publishers of those games might think otherwise though, and can ask you to remove the mod from your server. Thats why some mods are better kept secret and be discovered by the public without anouncement. But I dont have to tell you that...youve seen ours allready lol

Upvote 0
So much content I could use.

I may have to make more mutators after this one :eek:

Sounds like you now have put your foot in it lol. Just a thought, why not make the main mutator and have add-ons to it which make the extra specimens made which extend to this mod? This would say so much time and people can choose which to really have. This would be good for saving space too :)

Upvote 0
Ladies And Gentlemen, I come to you with ma legs a shakin, ma heart a poundin, my eyes on my cheeks!

Why you say, well folks, "The Rotting" just took its first outing meer moments ago, a 75% version was rendered and tested and I must say, you are in for a treat, bile was flying left, right and centre, the speed of the gameplay literally keeps you working every second, that trader down time has never felt so sweet.

I fear for you all, I tested this on Farm-Day, a wide open level with light everywhere, I can't even imagine what its going to be like on a map like Bedlam.

Yes people, YES!

The Rotting is coming...very soon.

Upvote 0