• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Re-skin/Mutator] The Rotting

Just put it to my ded server, but the mut does not load up. Any idea, should I put it to server packages? :confused:

Update:

Specimens are not changed when I logged to my server. They are normal. Perhaps something to do with the error?

UCC LOG:

Mutators MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,MutMoney.MutMoney,KFModsPerkReplaceme
nt1011.MutPerkReplacement,Rot.RotZombiesMut
Failed to load 'MadHusk': Can't find file for package 'MadHusk'
Failed to load 'Rot': Can't find file for package 'MadHusk'
Failed to load 'Class Rot.RotZombiesMut': Can't find file for package 'MadHusk'

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just put it to my ded server, but the mut does not load up. Any idea, should I put it to server packages? :confused:

Mutators MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,MutMoney.MutMoney,KFModsPerkReplaceme

For the the mutator doesnt work,as in the zombies are clearly not changed. Can anyone else confirm this? Or can it be just me?

Upvote 0

Hmm I'll look through the code, Thought all the references to mad husk were changed.

For the the mutator doesnt work,as in the zombies are clearly not changed. Can anyone else confirm this? Or can it be just me?

As in? Specimens have all changed, the code is being picky.

The specimen issue is the Maiden

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Replace system files with these, it should fix the problem

See last post or First Page for the latest fix

If i'm correct, the code for the maiden still pointed to the mad husk that it was based from, I hadn't re-routed the class to the rot directory, so it was still looking for the mad husk package, It didn't effect me because I have the package installed so I didn't see it, but you guys don't so it threw the error up, fingers crossed it works, let me know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

http://www.tsrlegacy.co.uk/KFupload/TheRottingFix.rar

If i'm correct, the code for the maiden still pointed to the mad husk that it was based from, I hadn't re-routed the class to the rot directory, so it was still looking for the mad husk package, It didn't effect me because I have the package installed so I didn't see it, but you guys don't so it threw the error up, fingers crossed it works, let me know.

Some error message still (installed the fix):

Warning: Failed to load 'WPC_BRUTE_LIMBS': Can't find file for package 'WPC_BRUTE_LIMBS'
Warning: Failed to load 'Rot': Can't find file for package 'WPC_BRUTE_LIMBS'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class Rot.RotZombiesMut': Can't find file for package 'WPC_BRUTE_LIMBS'

Upvote 0
Some error message still:

Warning: Failed to load 'WPC_BRUTE_LIMBS': Can't find file for package 'WPC_BRUTE_LIMBS'
Warning: Failed to load 'Rot': Can't find file for package 'WPC_BRUTE_LIMBS'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class Rot.RotZombiesMut': Can't find file for package 'WPC_BRUTE_LIMBS'

Damn it, same as before.

You gotta love teething problems

Upvote 0

[URL="http://www.tsrlegacy.co.uk/KFupload/TheRottingFix.rar"][URL]http://www.tsrlegacy.co.uk/KFupload/TheRottingFix.rar[/URL]

If i'm correct, the code for the maiden still pointed to the mad husk that it was based from, I hadn't re-routed the class to the rot directory, so it was still looking for the mad husk package, It didn't effect me because I have the package installed so I didn't see it, but you guys don't so it threw the error up, fingers crossed it works, let me know.[/URL]

I did replace the files but it didnt spawn any other zeds different from the retail ones. Ill try again if it helps...

Note:Funny how you need to handle both the multiplayer(server problems) and singleplayer ones : /

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Error message changed after installing fix2.

Warning: Failed to load 'WPC_BRUTE_T': Can't find file for package 'WPC_BRUTE_T'
Warning: Failed to load 'WPC_BRUTE_LIMBS': Can't find file for package 'WPC_BRUTE_T'
Warning: Failed to load 'Rot': Can't find file for package 'WPC_BRUTE_T'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class Rot.RotZombiesMut': Can't find file for package 'WPC_BRUTE_T'

Did put the in fix2 (unzip first) into staticmeshes folder.

Is it possible I have to install brute as a different addon? I don't have it installed my server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok confusion time, the mutator alone in-game works fine for me, Hemi is going to kindly test it server side soon, we're both currently trying to work through this.

All I can suggest is make certain that all the files are exactly where they need to be.

I'll keep you updated as we push forward.

Is it possible I have to install brute as a different addon? I don't have it installed my server.

You shouldn't have to as the files are all self contained, I'm searching the code for any mistakes, but so far I've come across nothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0