• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics RattenKrieg tactic!

Kieme

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 19, 2006
Hi all!

I was wondering about a way I'd like to play a lot...
I call this RattenKrieg tactic because it deals with a very particular way to fight...
you can call this as "anti-tank infantrimen tactics" but it is much more, sneaking throught the battelfield as a rat and looking for tanks only... killing them with a Panzerfaust or a satchel...
anybody likes this way of playing?

Acutally I get killed lot of times but skill is improving...

Unfortunately there are few maps which allow this, the best one and I think the only one is KoenigsPlatz, or you know other ones??

Bye!
Kieme

AT infantry has become one of my favourite classes. Despite the teamplay aspect in RO, imo the AT is a bit of a loner (an extra spotter is handy though). You dont want to be too close to large troop concentrations, they only attract more troops. Since I'm only a casual gamer this is perfect for me. And lots comes down to patience, not being too trigger happy, waiting for the perfect shot. When a tank comes in sight, wait, the frontal armour is too strong, you'll only make them search for you, let them pass, and shoot them in the back. They'll probably never know what hit them.

K

Upvote 0
Thats why every tank should have infantry support. It is almost imposible to destroy a tank with satchel if there is 2-3 riflemen nearby. Tank commanders often forgot that tank is very exposed for anti tank infatry in urban/mixed evironment, tank should advance slowly allowing infantry to keep close. This work bothways becouse infantry gain moving cover.

Upvote 0
Kirq said:
Thats why every tank should have infantry support. It is almost imposible to destroy a tank with satchel if there is 2-3 riflemen nearby. Tank commanders often forgot that tank is very exposed for anti tank infatry in urban/mixed evironment, tank should advance slowly allowing infantry to keep close. This work bothways becouse infantry gain moving cover.
exactly
we did that in a server and there was supreme teamwork and we dominated

Upvote 0