Ranks

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2006
I disagree.

To me, ranks spoilt BF2. Everyone was too insterested in stat padding, rather than the objective.

Even i was playing for stats, and afterawhile it bored me, then i started playing on unranked servers, beacuse they were much more fun. Then i got bored of BF2 all together :p

falconik

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 2, 2006
United Kingdom
Hmmm, It would be nice just to get ranks next to your name like, Private Sargent ect.. But I see what your saying people might only play for the ranks... So I dont think it would work that well, but personlly I wouldn't I would do the objective :p

Avenger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 24, 2006
Ranks would be a cool idea, but don't use BF2 as an example. As mentioned, the system was poorly designed and was abused to no end.

If ranks were added, I think there should only be four: The German and Russian equivalents of Private, Private First Class, Corporal, and Sargeant. Anything higher would be silly because RO is all based on small-unit actions. Make them only last as long as you're connected to one server.

deadman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 5, 2006
Ranks would be a cool idea, but don't use BF2 as an example. As mentioned, the system was poorly designed and was abused to no end.

If ranks were added, I think there should only be four: The German and Russian equivalents of Private, Private First Class, Corporal, and Sargeant. Anything higher would be silly because RO is all based on small-unit actions. Make them only last as long as you're connected to one server.

Jp only private first class, corporal and sargeant.

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
Considering people weren't promoted multiple ranks on the battlefield while engaged in combat, I do not support this. IC is the much better way to go, where you essentially have a career as a soldier in your respective army.

Panzer Meyer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 26, 2005
North Cacilaci
Yes, lets add ranks and as you gain rank you gain special abillities like better aim and faster reload and insta-arty call and slow-mo reaction time thing like matrix, zomg yes.

no.

btw, dogs with shovels ftw.

Teq

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 19, 2006
Ranking?

Ranking?

**** on this :)

Reality warfare mod -

* Gain experience by helping the team win and survive
- Stats recorded on the server

* Work hard to promote 5 ranks:
- Conscript, Recruit, Regular, Crack and Elite.

* Repeated Negative experience influence the soldiers fear
- Excessive dying and loosing rounds results in de-grading .
- Team/rank stacking has negative xp penality.

* Experience affect the soldiers body & mind
- Morale, stamina, aim, reload time and more

* Play a full dynamic campaign
- on custom maps created for Reality warfare only
- LImited equpment and manpower

* Fierce and realistic suppression effects

- Tunnel vision caused by adrenaline
- Loss of hearing and tinitus caused by explotions
- Knockdown effect caused by shockwave and wounds.
- Wound effects - Fleshwounds cause temporary disabillity and adrenline rush.
- Unsurpassed 3d sound making you bite the dust (demo on its way)

* Join a squad:
- Own Squad VoIp
- Squad leader has editable map (squadmates can view if 50m away)

And alot more :)

SOunds tempting ? Check out this link :)

Check out this link
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?p=185394#post185394

Last edited:

DangDave

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 23, 2006
Illinois, USA
Ya JO has ranks, medals, stats kept if you play Nova servers.
Stats include head shots, knife kills, spawns taken, mins defended, kill ratio, ect.
Was interesting to see how you were progressing but I only checked once in awhile.

No big deal really.