• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ranks and Unlocks

Well one way of looking at a Rank System is, that it limits the choices a new Player has and thus spends time with every load out option. And this makes it easier to get used to a game.

Here comes the unimportant blah blah, may skip it if desired :D:

For example in BC2 my favourite Weapon is the Steyr AUG, which i might not have choosen if i had all Wepeons avaible from the get go....

As long as you don't get an endless grind to all "unlocks" "benefits" whatever it will not be a hindrance. I guess BC2 had a nice approach to the benefits of unlocking. About 40 hours of Gametime for unlocking every gun/equipment seems to be a good compromise between speed/time spent. But opinions may differ.

I don't care for a Rank System, nor am i against it.

And lets face it best Infantry Weapon is still a good old Boltie (i prefer the Mosin).

Upvote 0
I don't like this idea at all....
It is not battlefield!(even if i like this game too)

I like the fact that people will look dirty or have medals for example if they play longer (without any gameplay bonus) but i really dislike the explained ranking system ...

"The game with the ranking system will keep everyone entertained much longer then the game without the ranking system, so why whine about it?"

I am still playing my old games not to unluck things as ranks, but because i like them as they are !!
Why do you think CSS is still played by so many people?

Upvote 0
I have around 1000 hours of gameplay in CSS and plenty in ROOST (no unlocks), and stil thinks its fun to play. While in BC2 (unlocks) i have around 100 of gameplay and the game is allready booring (play hc mode)... Unlocks are not what keeping me in the game, the gameplay is!

I also play CSS and Ost for the gameplay and I choose to avoid otherwise good games because of their unlocks/levelups (they frustrate me).

Upvote 0
Oh my, That sounds ludicrously bad. What are we playing? Call of Duty? Some times I wish Tripwire would just keep the game as it was, With improved features and such. Like alot of the stuff I have seen are quite good, But This ranking elite crap is like where playing a console button masher. (Please Tripwire, Think of the realism community :()

Read some more about the system- or you could just read Ramm-Jaeger's post that was literally a few posts above yours.

[QUOTE=J

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well one either likes/dislikes or doesn't care about a Ranking System, but we can't discuss the System as long as we got no Details.
Its completly unknow what a higher Rank will do, apart from some minute Details.

And one should consider that even mainstream Arcade Games like BC2 have a ranking system which doesn't take very long to completly unlock and which doesn't add much of an advantage to people who play longer. Though "longer" is relativ, it does take only about 40 hours to unlock the whole stuff... Though max Rank takes significantly longer, but well doesn't give you any more advantage.

Upvote 0