• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ranked and unranked servers on the same list

Nezzer

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Porto Alegre, RS
We can already filters servers, so why separating them? The unranked servers are completely dead because of it. Right now they wouldn't attract many players anyway, but what about after mutators are released? People wouldn't be aware of them because they wouldn't bother looking at the unranked tab and it would be harder to fill a modded server. If we could only have ranked and unranked servers on the same list, that wouldn't be a problem as almost everyone would be able to see modded servers. Mods and mutators are not going to be successful if they are to remain in the cemetary that is the unranked server list.

Sorry, I don't like ressurecting threads, but this is a very important suggestion and if you want the small mods to have any success this must be corrected. Right now the "unranked" tab might as well be called the "don't go here" tab, because all pub servers are empty there, and being unranked is kinda like being an "outlaw" server.

What good are mod tools if the mods made will have no players at all? How would modded servers attract new players if they can't been seen in the "standard" tab and are treated like outlaws? The only people who would play on modded servers are the modders or people that follow that mod or that server in a forum or something like that, because nobody looks for unranked servers.

A question for TWI: will using skin mods make the server unranked as well?

Upvote 0
With the first custom map being released (Ogeldow) by Six Ten, I feel it is so important to resurrect this thread. This is now becoming an issue, because clans/server owners are not going to put this map on to their map rotation ONLY because it would unrank their server, and go to the unranked server graveyard.

I would go so far to even suggest that all custom map servers should be ranked, unless they are running some crazy mutator that makes it easy to kill/level up. But the OP's suggestion is a start!

RO2 players! Hear me out!

Do you want to see the renaissance of this game?
Do you want to see its player-base grow tremendously?
Do you want to have fully-populated custom map servers for your eternally-varied pleasure, as far as the eye (browser) can see?

For the love of God and everyone who wants to see this game take off, respond to this thread, and "like" the OP's post!!!

Show Tripwire that this is what its RO2 players want! Make them tremble with awe at the mighty chorus of a thousand voices in agreement - one voice, UNIFIED!!! :p

Reactions: Nikita
Upvote 0