• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Random Thought

luciferintears

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
I'm a little hesitant to post this, since the mere mention of CoD is enough to send people into a frenzy but oh well.

I dont know if any of you have played CoD5: World At War, but it was a neat little arcade shooter that was pretty gritty for a mainstream game. Anyway, there was this one gamemode called 'War' which made it so that you have to capture a set of flags in a proper sequence; the more flags you'd capture the more momentum you'd build, and thus consequent flags could be capture quicker. You're momentum would deplete if an enemy halts your capture, and then you'd go on the defensive.

I thought it was a really cool game mode, that was a lot about speed and overwhelming your enemy. It simulated a "front" by slowly progressing the flag upwards/downwards toward the main spawn.

Personally i'd love to see a game mode like that arise, especially since the maps are bit smaller than Ost Front. I love tactical play as much as anyone and i cant wait for RO Classic Mode, but having this mode to participate in some lighting fast shock infantry tactics would be awesome.

Another cool thing about the 'War' gamemode was that, upon capturing a point and building momentum, you're entire army would perform this epic warcry that would really pump you up.

I personally prefer that over the musical cues in RO2, which sound highly reminiscent of the song played when you complete a quest in World of Warcraft.

Here is the example warcry for the Wehrmacht and Red Army (it would only place once in game, but the video has strung it together to play multiple times; it gets annoying like that lol).

Wehrmacht:
Call of Duty World at War-Wehrmacht Blitzkrieg Warcry - YouTube

Red Army:
Call Of Duty: World At War - Russian Momentum - YouTube

It would be neat if something like this would be added. I dont expect it to actually happen but i thought i'd throw it out there to see what people thought.

Played a bunch of World at War back in the day before discovering Ostfront... I liked War a ton, but CoD has such different dynamics than RO2 that I'm not sure how well it would translate. It'd only be possible on parts of CQB maps like Station or Apartments.

Love the idea of war cries upon objective captures, though... maybe it should just be limited to objectives that the enemy can't take back, to avoid back-and-forth German and Russian screaming on objectives like the Gatehouse. :D

Upvote 0
Played a bunch of World at War back in the day before discovering Ostfront... I liked War a ton, but CoD has such different dynamics than RO2 that I'm not sure how well it would translate. It'd only be possible on parts of CQB maps like Station or Apartments.

possibly. Yeah i too was envisioning playing a War game type on Apartments or the other smaller maps; might even work for commissar's house. Or perhaps the maps could scale, like you play on a smaller part of the map.

Love the idea of war cries upon objective captures, though... maybe it should just be limited to objectives that the enemy can't take back, to avoid back-and-forth German and Russian screaming on objectives like the Gatehouse. :D

Haha! yeah that would get annoying i suppose. Maybe they could make it so that the war cry plays out once you capture a set of flags in territory mode, and then you progress to the next set; conversly it could play out for the defenders if they are able to reclaim all the flags and push you down a set.

I'm glad to see there is someone who played WaW; i really did like that game. every now and then i boot it up to play through the singleplayer or a few online matches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AAAh, okay thanks ;)

But it would be a nice addition for some special moments to create something like a warcry. If TWI would make such a soundfile the mappes could use it for effects on their maps.

yeah.

i'm personally not german so i didnt know if they were speaking with the correct accent, but it sounds cool lol.

it would really pump me up in game, when we would build momentum and just steam roll next few flags. Something like would be a cool feature in RO2 in my opinion

Upvote 0
I can say that we don't need any of this. Iron cross cookies are enough for capturing objectives ;)

as much as i like cookies, you got to be honest, this is kind of bada**

What the hell are "Marine Raiders" and why are they flying a Jolly Roger ensign???

lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Raiders

MARINERAIDERS.png

Upvote 0
eheheh. Iron Cross cookies with chocolate chunks were a highly valued good back in stalingrad, especially when paired with some juicy cognac or cherry, but usually it was just vodka... just kidding, of course :D

Anyway, i think they could have a small market on the net maybe... :cool:

Thanks for the marine raider link guys, missed that one ;)

Upvote 0