• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Random Thought: Make Bonecrusher Multi-Perk for SWAT

SuperNerd000

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 5, 2019
This is more random musing than a serious suggestion, but why not make the Bonecrusher (the 'mace and shield') a multi-perk weapon for SWAT?

People have been wanting some sort of shield option for the SWAT ever since the perk was announced, and while I believe there were plans for it at one point, to my knowledge the way the game is programmed largely prevents it from happening. Also, to my observation weapons have been made multi-perk often for thematic reasons rather than purely mechanical ones in the past (see: the Gunslinger, a pistol-based perk, getting two lever-action rifles from Sharpshooter because cowboys, even if they are both precision damage perks), and the idea of a shield and blunt instrument is very much in-theme for a SWAT/riot control themed perk, it's just that instead of a police baton and a polycarbonate shield, they'd be using a baseball bat and a hubcap. It's also not too far off when it comes to perk roles, and they are both largely close-range bodyguards that can spec into high durability, though making it work with SWAT's passive bonuses and skill options could be a bit wonky, unless SWAT adds more reading material to the front of their shield as they level up.

As I said, though, even though I love both SWAT and the Bonecrusher, this is more speculation than any sort of major demand, and I'm sure someone probably brought the idea up already before the server info loss happened.

Simple answer is that swat would have no use from it at all.

The bone crusher doesn't shoot bullets.
His armor skills don't apply to the shield.
And blocking projectiles wouldn't be as useful because you need to parry them which:
A: will still deal damage to you even if reduced.
B: easier to just dodge them.

We had suggestion for the shield, i even added mine that had a bit of payday 2 perk functionality flavour that would make it a powerful tool but with a cooldown penalty... Sadly those suggestion were lost due to the forum reconstruction. Thanks yoshi x)

Upvote 0