• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Random idea about the heroes

luciferintears

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Have anyone of you played Star Wars Battlefront 2? You remember the heroes? Of course you do, but just as a refresher let me explain it.

Essentially in BF2, as you scored more points you became eligible to play the more advanced classes. So you'd start off with being able to play as only the soldier and Anti-Tank, then as you got more points sniper, commander, and the special class would be unlocked for that round.

Anyway, so eventually the top scoring player would be eligible to choose the hero class (1 per team), and the hero class was basically a notable character from the movies such as; Vader, Grevious, Obi wan, Luke, and many many more.

So how does this apply to RO2? well, wouldnt it be cool if during a random time of the match the top scoring player is selected to become eligble to play as a "Notable Character?"

I mean really how cool would it be to have Georgy Zhukov or Freidrich Paulus running into the fray, inspiring the nearby troops? Or perhaps it will let you play as other notable characters like Vasily Zaytsev or [insert heroic german person here]?

I mean the game is called "Heroes of Stalingrad" so why not actually show the heroes of stalingrad?

Sure its a bit unrealistic to have Paulus at the front lines but lets be honest RO2 has dropped most if not all pretense of authenticity and realism anyway.