• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ran the patch fine yesterday today steam updated itself now comp crashes every time

Status
Not open for further replies.
this patch has screwed my game up good

this patch has screwed my game up good

My game used to be very good. Ran like a charm. Installed the patch and it worked ok until i turned my computer of. Now when I launch the game through Steam it just reboots my computer. I have uninstalled Steam (and the RO as I purchased it as online download) 3 times and I have even done a Registry clean. Still does not work. I have to admit I am feeling a little bit ripped off here.

Upvote 0
MPI_Revless said:
I have to admit I am feeling a little bit ripped off here.
You did put the beta patch on your own, you had a problem and thats why its a beta.

On topic, I am having the same problem have reinstalled ro and steam several time and have cleaned up my reg a few time too. Dont know what else to do. It started loading and then my computer just restarts.

Upvote 0
Ender said:
You did put the beta patch on your own, you had a problem and thats why its a beta.

I disagree. Downloading a patch from the official website should not result in rendering the game unplayable - beta or otherwise. I commend Tripwire for taking a creative approach to the FPS genre, and I love the idea of an independent game company getting a chance to turn a profit - but this launch has been rather amature in my opinion.

just an opinion.
Danimal

Upvote 0
As I previously stated, had the beta, it was running fine. When I went to launch the game, I had a Steam download and when the game went to start, my computer restarted instead. After the restart, I immediately tried launching the game again, had another download and everything has been perfect.

Did this happen to anyone else? Don't know why the 'double' download, but the second one seemed fixed the first one...

Upvote 0
get the same issue, BSOD when lauching RO beta patch. Trying to check steam again and see what's happening before I remove it all and start from step one.

Annoying, and the patch was working so well otherwise.

WinXP Pro SP2 fully upto date
AMD X2 3800+
ASRock Dual MB
2Gig Kingston Ram
Nvidia 6600GT AGP Graphics Card
Nvida beta drivers 8.25 (video settings vetter for TV out but still dropping my setup on reboots) Grrrr.

Upvote 0
Well am back online with the update running, uninstalled Steam deleted Value folder installed stream again then reinstalled my game from a backup i made before the patch, tryed to start RO BSOD...rebooted added the update command line to steam and RO after reboot updated the game and all is fine odd or what...:confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
PrussianMight said:
Yeah, I get the reboot bug, even after FOUR reinstalls of RO (I deleted all files manually as well, no trace of the plague patch should have been left). If anyone knows how I can play my beloved RO again, I would love to know. Also, if the devs have any ideas, that would be great as well.

I only got my RO to work again after reinstalling RO by added the patch again:eek: RO would not run without the patch BSOD added the command line to both desk top RO short cut and steam.... update RO and all is fine again.
I don't know why it worked but am happy it did. Just waiting for the next steam up date to bugger it again:D

Upvote 0
I got the error after installing the beta patch. The game ran fine but then when I shutdown the computer for the night and came back the next day, the computer would get the blue screen each time I tried to run RO. I am reinstalling RO right now so I will see if that fixes the problem.

The error I get is this:

Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xF78C38CF, 0XF50767E4, 0X00000000)

Ntfs.sys - Address F76C38CF base at F76A3000, Datestamp 41107eea

My computer specs are:

P4 1.8 GHz
Nvidia 5700 LE PCI card with 128 MB
1024 MB of RAM

Upvote 0
Ghost22 said:
I got the error after installing the beta patch. The game ran fine but then when I shutdown the computer for the night and came back the next day, the computer would get the blue screen each time I tried to run RO. I am reinstalling RO right now so I will see if that fixes the problem.

The error I get is this:

Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xF78C38CF, 0XF50767E4, 0X00000000)

Ntfs.sys - Address F76C38CF base at F76A3000, Datestamp 41107eea
i have the exact same problem
have unistalled, both RO & steam
have cleaned the registry of all RO & steam entries
redownloaded steam & reinstalled RO
AND STILL A BSOD

amd 2.4
1g ram
6800u

Upvote 0
dave1109 said:
i have the exact same problem
have unistalled, both RO & steam
have cleaned the registry of all RO & steam entries
redownloaded steam & reinstalled RO
AND STILL A BSOD

amd 2.4
1g ram
6800u
Its the same error for everyone, I think. You can delete all traces of it. Whatever that patch did, it is deep down in the effin computer. Manually deleting everything and reinstalling doesn't help at all. This beta patch = the black death for realism gamers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.