• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ran the patch fine yesterday today steam updated itself now comp crashes every time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep no matter what I have done I get the same result every time system re-boot. I have removed all traces of steam and RO from my system and then reinstalled them I have even tried running an old pre-patch copy of the game and still system re-boot. If anyone has found a work around to this problem could U please help out?

Upvote 0
I add my name to this list

For informational purposes for the devs, specs
PIv 3.2
2 GB Ram
Win XP SP2
X800XLUltimate GFX card
if i miss anything pm mail or something

run no s/w av or anything else sept the usual suspecs mirc, messenger have tried without also to no avail,

have been thru steps 1&2 from above to no avail

currently re-dling as part of #3

also another point to note as i spoke to one of my mates but i was too far downthe line with #3 to check, ensure auto start of steam is switched off and only start from shortcut with -beta ro addition maybess this will help dunno............32% dloaded and counting

I left ROO downloading as i went to be last night and checked the "lauch game as soons as ready tab", i woke to another BSOD :(

Does anyone know of a steam removal tool which will obliterate my sytem of all things steam so i can be assured i'm doing a clean reinstall?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Somehow i managed to make my RO work, after 2 days of BSOD.

Here is what i`ve done

- deleted whole <Myname> directory in steamapps
- deleted clientregistry.blob in main steam folder
- removed steam from windows startlist
- restarted my PC
- used RO icon with -ro beta
(then steam downloaded that 3 mb patch again and now it is working fine)

I hope that it helped anyone

Btw... Hi everyone :)

Upvote 0
Ghost22 said:
T

Thank you Droog. This has fixed my problem. Thank you very much.:)

You are welcome:) Unfortunately, Tripwire released the patch with much fanfare to the player base who never had to deal with Steam betas. Betas should me limited to people who knows their computers inside out and are willing to sacrifice their time trying to, on a very primitive level, debug the problems as they arrive.

I can't comment on the quality of the patch itself - I guess Tripwire had to deal with some problems that drew their immediate attention (like memory leak on the servers) and did it reasonably well - but no explanation on Steam mechanics for those who are willing to play beta, and making it impossible to uninstall the patch without a system crash for those who are not was a serious blunder on their part.

Hopefully somebody from the devs will come here to comment on this situation. Since I've been trying to do their work here for the last several days I expect a free T-shirt or something. Kidding!:) A brand new red Corvette will do.

Upvote 0
As has been mentioned above, you try a Beta at your own risk. You should never run the beta of any software unless your're willing to take the risk that it will cause problems. With that said we apologize for the issues poeple are having rolling back to the non-beta patch. According to Valve it was supposed to be a simple matter of removing your beta command line, however there seems to be some deeper issue within Steam that is causing problems with poeple rolling back. We are working with Valve to resolve the issue with rolling back to non-beta versions. In the meantime, the beta patch will become official either today or tommorow which should resolve the command line related issues poeple are having that tried the beta.

Upvote 0
well from my personal experience, if you add the -beta ro command line to the steam shortcut, and launch steam, then RO from the steam games menu, everything works fine

if you use the desktop shortcut to launch steam and then RO, the game will unapply the beta patch (since the desktop shortcut doesn't have the -beta ro command line) and then crash your computer once its done removing the patch.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.