• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ramm-Jaeger and his views on the Console Mod development

you guys dont get it,
It's some really amazing tech, and we're very excited at all the things we can do with it. I think fans of our first game will be very happy with what we're working on.

RO is an amazing ww2 fps, but its not up-to date with other ww2 fps games in terms of engines or image quality.
RO-ost is just the tip of the iceberg of what can be done with ww2, now they got the new ue3 engine they can take the genre to a whole other level.
im thinking of vehicle fysicks, tracks follow the ground level differences, engines can break down, animations for getting into vehicles, shells can make a hole in the tank, tanks can destroy fences, get stuck in the mud, destroy buildings, soldiers can customise their gear, take of helmet, steal a winter coat from a body when its cold, 150 man servers, you can kick in doors, shoot a hole in a wall with a bazooka, climb on a tank, dig a trench, place mines, flamethrowers, make prisoners, customise the looks of your character, ... anything

and you guys still want them to leave ww2?
while there will already be a gazillion sci-fi or modern combat games with UE3.

to what other game builder can we turn if TW abandones ww2? activision? EA-games?? give me a break... :(

Upvote 0
I love the whole: Broken, post apocalypse, lawless, terrifying creatures/machines trying to kill you, left to your own devices & witts to survive type scenarios. STALKER seems about the closest thing to that right now. I'd LOVE to see a post apocalypse/sci fi FPS done in a serious manner.

**OT**
So, are you waiting for metro 2033:the last refuge eagerly like me?
The lamest trailer Ive seen for a game but has such a great atmosphere.
Unfortunatley, schedualed for late 2008 it stands in a serious risk to become a vaporware.
**OT**

Edit: godamit, Ive turned senior 3 posts ago. I need to get a life.

Upvote 0
you guys dont get it, .....RO is an amazing ww2 fps, but its not up-to date with other ww2 fps games in terms of engines or image quality. ... anything and you guys still want them to leave ww2? ..while there will already be a gazillion sci-fi or modern combat games with UE3. ....to what other game builder can we turn if TW abandones ww2? activision? EA-games?? give me a break... :(

That is an amazingly accurate observation. TW sticks with WW2 and does a new version with their usual perfection, it'll become the greatest FPS for WW2 for every gamer out there to enjoy. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate to bring this up, but the recoil on the FSgR (Fist Sized granite Rock) seems to be way too high. Even when I go into quartz sites instead of just throwing from the hip. The FSgR I own IRL doesn't kick my arm back that much when I throw it.

Also, who decided to give the Neanderthals the clown wheel on RO_Monolith? I mean, I know the Homo erectus get fire on that map to balance things out, but the wheel just leads to unrealistic game play...

HAHAHAHAHA

It's starting already HAHAHAHA :D

----------------------------------------------

I was pleased to read that last paragraph. Now of course, WWII is my favorite game subject, but knowing they are sticking to realistic, tactical game will almost assure that I will be buying their next game.

Upvote 0
when they say we will like what they are working on, keep in mind that the latest poll showed that the majority of us wants ww2. ;)
if the actual RO was sci-fi, modern or anything other than ww2. then i personally would never had bought it no matter how realistic or tactical it was. and i think the majority of us plays RO because it's ww2 in the first place, realism and tacticalism come second(and it is those 2 last features that make me play RO, and not battlefield, cod2, moh...).

Upvote 0
you guys dont get it,

RO is an amazing ww2 fps, but its not up-to date with other ww2 fps games in terms of engines or image quality.
RO-ost is just the tip of the iceberg of what can be done with ww2, now they got the new ue3 engine they can take the genre to a whole other level.
im thinking of vehicle fysicks, tracks follow the ground level differences, engines can break down, animations for getting into vehicles, shells can make a hole in the tank, tanks can destroy fences, get stuck in the mud, destroy buildings, soldiers can customise their gear, take of helmet, steal a winter coat from a body when its cold, 150 man servers, you can kick in doors, shoot a hole in a wall with a bazooka, climb on a tank, dig a trench, place mines, flamethrowers, make prisoners, customise the looks of your character, ... anything

and you guys still want them to leave ww2?
while there will already be a gazillion sci-fi or modern combat games with UE3.

to what other game builder can we turn if TW abandones ww2? activision? EA-games?? give me a break... :(
WW2 Easternfront= fine with me, bring some more. WW2 Westernfront, Americans in France yadda yadda yadda=*sigh* Even if it's done realistically I still wouldn't find it very interesting. I've had enough American savior games for a while. There are many other wars besides WW2 (sure, not as big) but still there is a "rich" history of wars many that I'm probably unaware of myself.

Upvote 0
If tripwire did normandy (yes i know its been done to death) I think it could be up with the great games of all time. Think about it, 64 players (am I correct in believing thats what the engine can do?) is still to few to accuratly represent some of the bigger engagemnts on the ostfront, whereas in normandy the closs quaters nature ment that you would never realy see more than 32 of your own guys at any one time. Detructedle environments would also be uber impresive in the bocage, shermans smashing through headges, tigers slowly rolling through villages blasting holes in buildings. However, if tripwire does stick to the osfront im sure it would be a pretty awsome game.

Upvote 0
there will be loads of UE3 D-Day games, the first being BiA:HH, no doubt call of Duty 4, 5 or 6 will make an appearance too, along with medal of honour: Airborne etc. I just cant see TWI doing this setting, and I'd much rather play RO2, than any of them.
True, but you have to admit that if tripwire did do normandy with the ue3 engine it would be somthing special.

Upvote 0