• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ramm-Jaeger and his views on the Console Mod development

Lustmord

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
Hungary
"PC mod scene... already in trouble"
In the wake of the recent revelation from Epic's Mark Rein that the developer is planning to bring Unreal Tournament modifications to Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3 and Xbox 360 and our feature looking at the impact of this, Red Orchestra developer Tripwire dropped us a line offering to comment on mods heading to console.

Tripwire is a developer that knows a thing or two about game modifications. It created Red Orchestra originally as a mod - or total conversion - based on Epic's Unreal Engine 2.5, and its project went on to win Epic's Make Something Unreal competition. Subsequently, RO became a commercial product, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45.

For the whole interview go here:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=158659

IMO consoles are just the new way to controll consumers, make a new crappy game every month. wich people just have to buy, because they cant mod, reskin, make maps etc... for the old games to keep them interesting.
there is now a program out by wich you can make games yourself for consoles, but you have to pay a monthly fee :mad:

It's some really amazing tech, and we're very excited at all the things we can do with it. I think fans of our first game will be very happy with what we're working on.

=WW2
its unvoncievable that TW who made the best ww2 game yet, will choose something else now that its got its hands on UE3.

discussion over :D

Upvote 0
Very good interview with some interesting and smart comments from Ramm-Jaeger.

BTW I think his last answer actually hints at something non-WW2 related (but still realistic and tactical of course). My guess right now would be modern combat - perhaps something to the tune of ArmA (as this game shaped up into proper debacle there's a void to fill)

Oleg

Upvote 0
1 million years BC!

Red Orchestra:The Caveman Warz

I hate to bring this up, but the recoil on the FSgR (Fist Sized granite Rock) seems to be way too high. Even when I go into quartz sites instead of just throwing from the hip. The FSgR I own IRL doesn't kick my arm back that much when I throw it.

Also, who decided to give the Neanderthals the clown wheel on RO_Monolith? I mean, I know the Homo erectus get fire on that map to balance things out, but the wheel just leads to unrealistic game play...

Upvote 0
I hate to bring this up, but the recoil on the FSgR (Fist Sized granite Rock) seems to be way too high. Even when I go into quartz sites instead of just throwing from the hip. The FSgR I own IRL doesn't kick my arm back that much when I throw it.

Also, who decided to give the Neanderthals the clown wheel on RO_Monolith? I mean, I know the Homo erectus get fire on that map to balance things out, but the wheel just leads to unrealistic game play...
HAHAHAHA

Upvote 0

lol

but i feel like such a geek because i know what is wrong in that post. >_>

Upvote 0
Nah i dont want modern combat. I have ofp and soon arma for that. I actually hope more along the lines of realistic sci fi.
There's so many good things that could become awesome FPS unfortunately most companies keep doing (and re-doing) the same done to death ideas like WW2 western front. I love the whole: Broken, post apocalypse, lawless, terrifying creatures/machines trying to kill you, left to your own devices & witts to survive type scenarios. STALKER seems about the closest thing to that right now. I'd LOVE to see a post apocalypse/sci fi FPS done in a serious manner. I've mentioned before that a FPS based on the ALIENS movies would be long overdo and awesome (if done right) and apparently some company is working on that right now. Why is thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJgoygGqMmM not a FPS? Come on!! A poor quality Terminator game was made some years ago, but that doesn't count. We need a good one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0