• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Raise Level Cap / revamp Menues

I highly recommend and squad numbers balance. Most of the time there's not much point to play as SL 3 or 4 since SL1 and 2 get 90% of the team... Whats the point? Why not equal numbers for all squads?

Because the squads are as i described it. SL1 useally has a good mix with alot of Auto/Semi Auto. SL 2 mostly rifleman and 1? mg Slot....

it is explained in this Forum somewhere but NEVER...in the game itself..wich makes no sense to me at all...and yes..more equal distibution whould be nice BUT it might be more understandable HOW the squad System works IF you Change the names from 1.2.3 to AT-rifle-assault-squad ectect...

Upvote 0
100% disagree on the higher levels get to play their favourite classes suggestion. In fact I dont even know If i just fell for a troll.

:eek:

Well afik it was mentioned during development that this whould be the case and it was requested time and time again. Good SL & TL Need a certain degree on mapknowledge imo. You can aquire that playing other classes than SL/TL . In fact you might learn alot spawning with a good SL...;)

mhhhh. i was meaning only say TL/SL class to have it available for high levele Folks first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While this is true it is very ineffective and unsocial to lock people out. Of course there a lot of "idiots" who will not listen to any suggestions, however there are also a lot (if you ask me more) people who actually listen to stuff like that and try to do their best. Sadly dont often see a lot of people trying to help new players, in fact I see a lof of bashing and childish stuff like kickvoting.

If you want a elitist club, you better start your own server and do as you wish. However I will most likely not play on a server like that.

Upvote 0
Nah...People should learn the Basics and maps before they take on such a important role, no 2 ways around it.

Besides i have seen Level 60 somethings beign total crap as beign SL.

No battlefield awarness, no flanking...gah.

in fact I see a lof of bashing and childish stuff like kickvoting.

Kickvote is a appropriate tool imo.

If you want a elitist club, you better start your own server and do as you wish.
like you guys did in 29th ? making it some of the more unpleasureable experiences in DH...you should look at that first before pulling the "gah you arse elitist Club" Card...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nah...People should learn the Basics and maps before they take on such a important role, no 2 ways around it.

Besides i have seen Level 60 somethings beign total crap as beign SL.

No battlefield awarness, no flanking...gah.

Kickvote is a appropriate tool imo.

like you guys did in 29th ? making it some of the more unpleasureable experiences in DH...you should look at that first before pulling the "gah you arse elitist Club" Card...

Well you could try to explain how the 29th is a elitist club that is pushing their own internal standards on other people? However I doubt that would lead to a good conversation.

As mentioned by you the level cap says nothing about the abilities of somebody to play a certain role. A lot of people who have very high ranks in the game got most of it from bot farming anyway. Beside that you can spend a lot of time in the game and be good at a role like machine gunner and still be "bad" as a squad leader.

Instead of combine roles to a certain level people should rather spend their time helping people understand how to play certain roles. Beside old ways of doing that (ingame) we also have some fancy stuff like the guide system in steam for this. Of course there will always be people who simply have no interest in learning anything. However I would say those people are not the majority and in the end they leave the game rather quickly.

Upvote 0
From what I have observed, the Battlefield Promotion is given to the player on your team who gained the most team points / most effective player in the previous round.

Now I have no issue with having your rank go beyond level 99, but being able to grab whatever class you want because you have a higher rank?

I can't say I agree with that.

#1 - Rank does not equate to being a good player. You could be a good player, you could have played RO2 for a long time.... and you could just be a bot farmer with little know-how.

#2 - You can have situations where one player has a rank of 88 who has his role taken away by a player who's only ahead of them at a rank of 89 (with a couple hundred point difference) But again, who's really the better player and who is more worthy of that class??

#3 - What do you do with players of the same rank trying to take the same class? (a Level 99 vs another Level 99.... or 150 & 150)

I'm sure there's a few other problems that will come from such an idea that simply don't warrant such a system.

If I join in late and only have Riflemen or Engineer classes to choose from, so be it.... I either pick those classes and play (regardless of being an L99) or I'll find another server.

Get over it.

Upvote 0
I highly recommend and squad numbers balance. Most of the time there's not much point to play as SL 3 or 4 since SL1 and 2 get 90% of the team... Whats the point? Why not equal numbers for all squads?

The Team leader should be able to move players from squad to squad from the squad menu. That would be smart and add an extra dimension to the role of the team leader.

I am ok with that team leader role being only available to level 20 and above. There are plenty of other roles and new players can learn by watching and listening first.

We crawl before we walk.

Upvote 0