• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Yay! It got moved!

Honestly i'm not quite sure about this game yet, thus far, it's giving me a bit of a "Bordelands meets Doom" sort of vibe, which might be very interesting in an old-school shooter but with much more freedom sort of way.

But some of what we've seen makes me fear it'll just be too linear and plain, but that could just be the editing, who knows.

So i guess i'm firmly seated on the fence on this one, till i know more.

Upvote 0
Naw, rage doesn't interest me that much.
Not only because it has my biggest pet peeve in video games, guns ejecting shells to the wrong side (saw that AK? had the bolt on the wrong side, wtf).

I'll keep an eye on brink, it might just be enough to keep me entertained until RO2 is finally released on the first of july (crossed fingers)

Upvote 0
In reading about Rage over the months, I couldn't help shaking the impression that the game is behind the curve in a lot of ways. The fact it's linear doesn't really entice me either.

That said I've heard it actually has some great combat AI and the voice acting and setting deliver if you get into the game.

I'm just full up on the post-apocalypse at this point I think. From here on out games are going to have to make their wastelands interesting and interactive if they want my money. I think that's why I still crave another Stalker. It's a wasteland that isn't a desert and isn't full of raiders with hockey mask and spike fetishes.

Upvote 0
Damn, Carmack was lying when he said this game looks phenomenal.
Well, I don't know about THAT!

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=930554&postcount=6049

With the exception of the video in this post, the game looks damn good at a near constant 60fps. Sure, it DID require a custom config with about 35 custom set settings including 8K resolution textures forced and forcing triple buffering and vsync in the nvidia control panel, but it DOES look good. ;)

Actually, if they can iron out the issues on their end instead of having users fix this sort of thing, they have an amazing engine on their hands. It looks really damn good AND it runs incredibly well (again, near constant 60fps).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I don't know about THAT!

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=930554&postcount=6049[/URL]

With the exception of the video in this post, the game looks damn good at a near constant 60fps. Sure, it DID require a custom config with about 35 custom set settings including 8K resolution textures forced and forcing triple buffering and vsync in the nvidia control panel, but it DOES look good. ;)

Actually, if they can iron out the issues on their end instead of having users fix this sort of thing, they have an amazing engine on their hands. It looks really damn good AND it runs incredibly well (again, near constant 60fps).

Yeah well I hope that is the case. Apparently card drivers are the culprit according to the latest reports. Both companies are working on new drivers. From what I hear we can't use ultra quality textures that we were seeing throughout the media blitz. And I wonder...why?? And why is Carmack saying that they should not have developed the console/PC versions side by side at the exact same time. How could Carmack, of all people, make the mistake of not treating each version differently? All it does is give the strawman arguments of 'consoles ruining PC gaming oh teh noes another example' more ammunition.

Upvote 0