• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Radio quirky feature

Also, if you are locked in the radio (radio interface showing) as and are killed by the enemy you do not die... but as soon as you exit it... Dead.

Well im pretty sure it is. infact you can even use the re-spawn feature while dead if you are engaged to the radio interface.

But as for locking in.... i have been killed about 4 times as commander being locked into radio on spartnovka when some one slips around the back and enters the church when i am there by myself near the radio.... you unlock from the interface... but till cant do sh!t.

The features needs some work.... but in a realism sense...as it is makes sense.

your gun is down if not kept a few mtrs away from where you are using the radio.

Upvote 0
your gun is down if not kept a few mtrs away from where you are using the radio.
This is the aspect that greatly annoys me. If you are within 'range' of the radio you can't shoot past it because your weapon automatically drops to the unready position. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. (You can shoot through radios but you have to be a good few metres away from them first.)

Upvote 0
Ya, the gun lowering sucks and is in way to wide of an area for some radios. Also getting killed in the radio sometimes makes you respawn with the radio still up and won't let you turn with the mouse wheel. The only way to fix is to go back to the radio, use it and exit properly, which can be a challenge when your have a fixed camera view. I think it might only occur if you quickly respawn or force respawn a few seconds after dying.

Also hitting N lets you force respawn at any point in time when its not on cd, even when your dead.

Upvote 0
Someone already said it but I'll repeat....just use the cover system. Fire OVER the radio. Of course you can't move or extend your barrel of the rifle or your pistol THROUGH the radio.
Not a problem.
Doesn't help when you're moving/scanning past a radio; doesn't help while you're in the 'capture' radius of the radio; cover system exposes far more of you than is necessary when firing; takes additional clicks just to shoot past a radio (which is, frankly, daft).

Upvote 0