• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quote of the day

I keep finding this quote to be true for myself.

"Three or four years ago I came to the conclusion that for me, at least, the lone trail was the best, and the years that have followed strenghtened my belief.
It is not that I am unable to enjoy companionship or unable to adapt myself to other people. But I dislike to bring into play the agressiveness of spirit which is necessary with an assertive companion, and I have found it easier and more adventurous to face situations alone. There is a splendid freedom in solitude, and after all, it is for solitude that I go to the mountains and deserts, not for companionship. In solitude I can bare my soul to the mountains unabashed. I can work or think, act or recline at my whim, and nothing stands between me and the Wild.
Then, on occasion, I am grateful for what unusual and fine personality I may encounter by chance, but I have learned not to look too avidly for them. I delve into myself, into abstractions and ideas, trying to arrange the other things harmoniously, but after that, taking them as they come."

- Everett Ruess

Upvote 0
Here's a personal quote.

Although I have never been to a shrink (as my parents don't believe in doctors), I am most likely bi-polar, like my youngest older-half-sister. I go from feeling good, to feeling awful, then back to good, then suicidal and on and on. It absolutely sucks.

I often find myself wishing I had prozac or other "happy pills" like that. And thinking about that reminded me that it's not even real happiness. But then, I realized this:

"It is better to be artificially happy than naturally miserable."

That is all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gonna have to agree with Ostmann there. It's especially normal for someone growing up.
As for pills, after you've been "artificially happy" for a while the effect wears off and you get trapped in a state between pill-induced indifference and bleak depression. And you can't just be naturally happy either anymore until you relearn it. So no, it's actually not better.
Unfortunately necessary in some cases, but certainly not something to do for someone who's just feeling a little down sometimes.:rolleyes:

Here's a quote to get things back on track:
"To the world you're just someone, but to someone you're the world." -Erich Fried

Upvote 0