• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quote of the day

"We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. The true value of a human being is determined by the measure and the sense in which they have obtained liberation from the self."

Albert Einstein (1954)

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by SheepDip

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
Robert A. Heinlein

Best so far in this thread.

Followed closely by one of Heinlein's other sayings: "An armed society is a polite society."

Upvote 0
Yeah.. the CIA didnt yet exist when Buddha said that.

Quotes about Money -

Modern bourgeois society with its relations of production, of exchange and of property, a society that has conjured up such gigantic means of production and of exchange, is like the sorcerer, who is no longer able to control the powers of the nether world whom he has called up by his spells. - Karl Marx, 1848

In the field of its highest development, in the United States, the pursuit of wealth, stripped of its religious and ethical meaning, tends to become associated with purely mundane passions, which often actually give it the character of sport. - Max Weber, 1905

One bag of money is stronger than two bags of truth. - Danish Proverb

Avarice has so seized upon mankind that their wealth seems rather to possess them than they to possess their wealth. - Pliny the Younger, c. 110

It was never good times in England since the poor began to speculate upon their condition. Formerly they jogged on with as little reflection as horses. - Charles Lamb, 1830

I am indeed rich, since my income is superior to my expense, and my expense is equal to my wishes. - Edward Gibbon, 1776

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money. - Cree Indian Proverb, nineteenth century

Upvote 0