• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quick switch weapon button not rolling through 9mm

Can we have this or is there a specific reason why this is like this?
At first I heard everyone emptying the 9mm on the first round, now ppl realized its a pain to maintain empty so just accept their fate.
I would expect the following behavior for the Quick switch weapon button (triangle in PS4):
- Switch between primary weapons with ammo (non kinfe non 9mm weapons).
- If there's no primary weapon with ammo, switch to 9mm.
- If there's no 9mm with ammo, switch to knife.

I don't know what bug you are referring to, but there's no bug affecting the cycling through 9mm at least on my end.
You stated exactly the opposite of what I just wrote.

Please read my original post carefully.

This is not a bug report, but a quality of life request.

I would like the QSB *NOT* to switch through 9mm unless you ran out of ammo on the primary weapons.
The situations where you actually want to switch to 9mm while having ammo in other weapons are surpassed BY FAR by the ones you *DON'T* want to use it, and usually not nearly as urgent (9mm popping up with a FP on your face). So they can be dealt with by manually doing it.

Upvote 0
the m9 is a well known issue i believe by now, from me constantly complaining about it. i'm not the only one that is fed up with that gun being constant in the inventory. others have suggested holding the switch button to equip the m9. i like the idea of having a seperate sidearm section to just sell the damn thing and switch out to a pistol you enjoy using. certainly, something needs to be done, and it will hopefully, if we keep it on topic in the forum. right now the solution is burning out ammo.

Upvote 0
The 9mm saves my life. Are you aiming for the head? Its most effective that way. The only time i empty it is when i play as berserker. Its very useful in hell on earth. As a sharpshooter it has come in handy when i dont have time to reload my winchester. Honeslty the gun is a huge help. I think it would be better if the triangle button was alt fire and r1 opened a weapon wheel that way i could still move around while switching weapons. I think the issue is more about streamlining the gameplay rather than blaming the gun.

Upvote 0
funboredom;n2313275 said:
The 9mm saves my life. Are you aiming for the head? Its most effective that way. The only time i empty it is when i play as berserker. Its very useful in hell on earth. As a sharpshooter it has come in handy when i dont have time to reload my winchester. Honeslty the gun is a huge help. I think it would be better if the triangle button was alt fire and r1 opened a weapon wheel that way i could still move around while switching weapons. I think the issue is more about streamlining the gameplay rather than blaming the gun.

It has killed me more times than it saved me, switching to the 9mm instead of my other real weapon with a Scrake on my face.
But I can see a minority actually preferring to handle it this way.
A "include 9mm in switch rotation" in the settings would be simple enough.

Allowing to sell it could be another way, I dunno.
Maybe do a proper iteration with a designer see if you come up with a better solution, but it's definitively something to look at.

Upvote 0