• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Quick "mute" button.

jalex3

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 21, 2009
Australia
Yes please!

Also a mute all/unmute key would be good, for when you are trying to hear someone walking but all you hear is "langer langer!!!!" ;)

Last edited:

Mati

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 13, 2006
Breslau
The idea of silencing annoying guys is a good option. This should be quickly to do and take little time. However, the better idea is to separate a small part of a scoreboard and there click on to mute/unmute certain player or players, I guess...

Mormegil

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Nargothrond
I'd prefer if you can click player on scoreboard to mute.
That only works if, unlike ROOST, all players are displayed on the scoreboard.

That'll mean 32 per side on a 64 player server, instead of the current ROOST top however many.

If that's the case, I'm all for it. If not, the annoying guy is usually on the bottom part, and not displayed, and this wouldn't help.

Actin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2009
Netherlands
That only works if, unlike ROOST, all players are displayed on the scoreboard.

That'll mean 32 per side on a 64 player server, instead of the current ROOST top however many.

If that's the case, I'm all for it. If not, the annoying guy is usually on the bottom part, and not displayed, and this wouldn't help.
Back in the day (am I old?) you could just scroll down with pgup and pgdown. Wonder why they removed that in all current games..

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
The quick button is the option with less hassle, the problem is that you'd have to catch him while he is talking, and there is a very little but existing risk of muting someone by accident.

Selecting names in the scoreboard is the most precise one, but has the hassle of having to bring it up and search for the name (with 64 players it would be quite a bother if a spammer makes you go through that trouble) which is stealing more game time from you than what the guy deserves.

I vote for having both things.

Or maybe the ability to click that little mic symbol that pops when someone talks.
You'd need a mouse pointer while playing.

LemoN

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
The mind experiment of how many people who posted in here (me included :p) would get muted during a game makes me chuckle.

Last edited:

Matkailija

FNG / Fresh Meat
Good idea. Is there an option for server admins to do this? (Or was there an option like this in RO1?) If a player is mic spamming (or doesn't know how to communicate properly ;)), sure an admin can kick the player but muting would be alternative option - also could be used as a minor punishment if kicking seems too harsh.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2009
How about a keybind that automatically mutes the currently speaking player?

Is a way to silence the mic spammers with minimum hassle.
and what exactly is wrong with the traditional method of muting the player or just turning off voice chat?

more crap suggestions.