• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Questions I'm curious, events I want and little change

CANUEF

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2020
Can we make the surplus Steampunk suit open to trade? Obviously I want to transfer to another Steam account.
I thought of a small change for Survivalist, this is not a suggestion, but I still leave this decision to the devs.
  • Allow to customize Survivalist starter weapons. I don't think this will do much harm or upset the balance of the game.
This small change I said applies to starting weapons, sorry about my bad English if I made a little mistake somewhere.

We've been imploring for the possibility to choose our starting weapon pretty much since the inclusion of the perk... To no avail.

It's actually baffling that they thought that picking a weapon at random would be a great idea. That's pretty much the opposite of what the survivalist is meant to be. The result? Most people pick another perk for the first wave, before switching to the survivalist.

Then again, the survivalist itself feels half-assed... His skill tree is equally disappointing.

As for the duplicates, I do have a few too. Like the "jaeger FAL" for example. I doubt it's gonna be fixed anytime soon. And even then, I guess it would only be craftable. Not tradable (as it's an "achievement" item)

Upvote 0
We've been imploring for the possibility to choose our starting weapon pretty much since the inclusion of the perk... To no avail.

It's actually baffling that they thought that picking a weapon at random would be a great idea. That's pretty much the opposite of what the survivalist is meant to be. The result? Most people pick another perk for the first wave, before switching to the survivalist.

Then again, the survivalist itself feels half-assed... His skill tree is equally disappointing.

As for the duplicates, I do have a few too. Like the "jaeger FAL" for example. I doubt it's gonna be fixed anytime soon. And even then, I guess it would only be craftable. Not tradable (as it's an "achievement" item)
In general, I do not have any serious expectations from developers. Personally, the Firebug and SWAT advantages have some buff need. If I still have to present my ideas...

SWAT
  • Swat now initially starts with a certain amount of armor based on its level. At level 25, he can initially have a maximum of 50% armor. (50/100)
  • Heavy Armor Training: While you have body armor, you only take Health damage from sonic attacks and clots can’t grab you. The amount of armor is increased by 50% more to 150.
With the Assault Armor advantage, you get 200 armor.

FIREBUG
  • Perk Weapon Damage increased from 20 to 25.
SURVIVALIST
  • Perk Weapon Damage increased from 15 to 20.
  • Survivalist now has the ability to select the starting weapon.
It would be great if there was a change like this. But as you said yes..to no avail. However, the producers get too stuck with the balance. I don't know if I've seen this before, but it wouldn't be bad to see new advantages. For example, Engineer can roam with a mini sentry or set up stationary, according to his advantage. Maybe build a wall...more than you can count.

Anyway, the Steampunk and Objective | Pajama Suit, need open to trade. I see these as collections because I want to use them in my new account. Even if the developers don't care about any of these things, I definitely want them to open the trade I bought from the event. I doubt that the steampunk event will never happen again. I especially noticed something missing. The Pajama Bunlde pack does not give that all-red outfit from the mission.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0