• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Questions for devs after 1 month milestone

Blazur

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Hi devs, loving your game. I'd love it if you would take the time to answer any of these questions now that we've surpassed the 1-month milestone of early access.

1) Any guesses on how much longer EA might last?

2) At this point do you envision progress or achievements getting wiped at all?

3) Can you give us a clue on what the next perk to be released will be? My guess is the firebug since you just teased a new weapon, and we already have the flamethrower in the game (which nobody seems to be using).

4) How many different types of game modes will this game eventually have?

5) Is there an ETA for releasing new bosses? Personally I don't find the Hans fight enjoyable at all and would appreciate some variety.

6) What is your current biggest challenge with the game?

Thanks.

1) Til we (and most of the community) feel it is balanced (and we have the full planned amount of launch content in).

2) It may (is likely) to happen. But we don't know anything certain yet.

3) When a perk firms up, we'll talk about it in a WWAUT post.

4) The core mode is what we plan for launch, but we plan to experiment with several others along the way and post launch.

5) When they are ready to be played against.

6) Player expectation that content is easy to create and implement.

Upvote 0
6) Player expectation that content is easy to create and implement.

Loved this one. Most prevalent threads on the Steam forums are content threads by those who think you can magic up a map in a few days. With the quality of the maps in both Killing Floors, you can see that plenty of time is invested in the maps.

I fall under the "Take as long as you need" camp. We'll get awesome maps, I know you guys will make sure of it.

Upvote 0
Loved this one. Most prevalent threads on the Steam forums are content threads by those who think you can magic up a map in a few days. With the quality of the maps in both Killing Floors, you can see that plenty of time is invested in the maps.

I fall under the "Take as long as you need" camp. We'll get awesome maps, I know you guys will make sure of it.
To be fair you should check CDPR guys pumping out patches and additional content to their game that is already almost incomprehensibly large and detailed. It's some kind of eastern magic I suppose.

Upvote 0
To be fair you should check CDPR guys pumping out patches and additional content to their game that is already almost incomprehensibly large and detailed. It's some kind of eastern magic I suppose.

CDPR have at least six times as many employees at their disposal (300+ employees). Tripwire are around 50, I believe.

Not eastern magic, just considerably larger numbers.

Upvote 0
Ok, just a quick question here for the currebtly perk-less weapons. Are they tracking stats for the eventual perk releases?

It'd make me feel a whole lot better about buying a flamethrower if it had the promise of starting me at whichever perk level I'd earned immediately once FB gets released. And implementing something like that would allow you to release weapons as they are ready, without having to wait for the complete set, perk, skills, and such to all be ready at once.

It's probably a foolish idea though.

Anyways thanks for replying to OP, it's good to have some idea as to y'all's plans for the future.

Upvote 0
CDPR have at least six times as many employees at their disposal (300+ employees). Tripwire are around 50, I believe.

Not eastern magic, just considerably larger numbers.
But TW3 is also more than 6 times bigger.

It's magic, just accept it.

They are working on a different engine on a completely different game.
On an engine they made themselves

Upvote 0
How about a game mode for "Classic" killing floor. No Zed spawns in the middle of players, no anti camping features, no teleporting, doors that repair, slower more methodical gameplay, less spammy, no roar entrance, no clot grab, more tactical gameplay, more teamwork, more fun... like KF1.

Give players a choice... and I would bet my house more will play the classic.

Upvote 0
How about a game mode for "Classic" killing floor. No Zed spawns in the middle of players, no anti camping features, no teleporting, doors that repair, slower more methodical gameplay, less spammy, no roar entrance, no clot grab, more tactical gameplay, more teamwork, more fun... like KF1.

Or... just play KF1 if you want KF1

Upvote 0

That's a pretty neat idea.

Upvote 0

or just play kf1 if you want kf1

Upvote 0

Areyou****ingserious.txt

MAN THIS AIR SHOW IS GREAT BUT THE ****ING BIPLANES ARE SO GODDAMN SLOW WHY AREN'T THEY FIGHTER JETS it's a plane analogy.

So, about this:

-Zeds can't spawn if a player is obstructing or observing their spawn volume
-Zeds generally don't teleport unless you disengage them; meaning for the game's purpose, the ones you're having appear in front of you are new zeds. KF2 isn't a game you can just run past which brings me to:
-KF2 is more tactical in every way than KF1, you just aren't using coordinated tactics. You have to keep moving, check corners, cooperate for syringe heals (which you should be using).
-Clot grabs are a game mechanic, kill them before they grab you. You got grabbed because you ****ed up. See the last two points.

Slower doesn't mean more methodical, and KF1 often boiled down to one person running in a circle, which is the least tactical thing you can do (running away in a straight line). Given that the game as very rudimentary AI, the only way you're getting tactics into Killing Floor is if you give them the ability to move around behind the scenes. Right now, KF2 suffers from this as well, but it's mostly due to early Scrake balancing.

Usually with an NPC tank, you give it more health than you think it needs and work backwards on it to find the sweet spot. This solves a lot of emergent gameplay problems since one variable (the NPC's health) is acted on equally by every other element in game. If you're in an open beta it doubles as an opportunity to identify strategies that are grievously too effective. As they achieve better balance, we'll probably see a lot more decisions to fight these enemies in earnest, which is a lot more fun than KF1's system where you basically choose between exploiting the game mechanics, pass a gear check, or spend a bunch of time plinking the thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Or... just play KF1 if you want KF1

Already have until they fix this game. I came here to support KF2 because it was stated many times that the KF2 was supposed to take the core gameplay of KF1 and build on it. Thats not what we have here, instead we have something that is like far to many other games and more like L4D2 than KF1.

So either they are striving for the same core gameplay of KF1 as has been said or they are not. If that is not their goal then they just need to come out and say it. Until then many of us KF1 vets will be here to help make KF2 the best it can be. If they choose to go the other direction and continue with the fast paced spammy gameplay with crap like excess spawn points for zeds, teleporting, doors that perma break, and other stuff to make KF more "main stream" then I wish them the best and will move on to play something else. They already got my money so its no loss to them.

Upvote 0
Already have until they fix this game. I came here to support KF2 because it was stated many times that the KF2 was supposed to take the core gameplay of KF1 and build on it. Thats not what we have here, instead we have something that is like far to many other games and more like L4D2 than KF1.

So either they are striving for the same core gameplay of KF1 as has been said or they are not. If that is not their goal then they just need to come out and say it. Until then many of us KF1 vets will be here to help make KF2 the best it can be. If they choose to go the other direction and continue with the fast paced spammy gameplay with crap like excess spawn points for zeds, teleporting, doors that perma break, and other stuff to make KF more "main stream" then I wish them the best and will move on to play something else. They already got my money so its no loss to them.

Smells like elitism...

KF2 is still way more hardcore than L4D2 and I believe it's still very much KF at its core. I don't know what you're on about man, but if you want KF1, then PLAY KF1. Oh wait, you seem to be already doing that, then stop spewing your elitism on this forum and just play KF1.

Sure, KF2 needs some adjustments, and needs a big ZED class like Sharpy. That will come with time, and this game is shaping up to be a truly amazing KF experience.

Upvote 0