• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Questions about KF2

ArcheKruz

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
I have a few questions for this game :

• Will KF2 be just as open to modding as the first game?
  • What new features and elements besides extra gore will be featured in KF2?
    • Will there be an extended survival mode which contains more waves than regular play? Like 20-25 waves?
    • What about invasion? Where you have to defend an objective from being overrun? Something like this.
    • What other game modes are planned besides KF and Objective mode?
    • Will there be mobs that are exclusive to the various maps and game modes? Like mid-game bosses? or amphibious Zeds in watery/sewer levels?
    • What about a hardcore modifier to difficulties where if you die, you have to sit out the rest of the game, but the corpses of dead players could be looted for weapons and money?
      • On the other side of the coin, what about a training modifier where a wave is repeated, or even regressed back one step (Wipe on Wave 5, go back to Wave 4) following a wipe?
  • Will there be more female skins besides Ash Harding and Mrs Foster?
  • Will the KF1 maps be remastered for KF2? Or will it be all new maps?
  • What are your plans for 'officializing' community content (Maps, Weapons, Game Modes, etc) for KF2?
  • How easy will it be to convert community maps for KF1 to be used in KF2?

Last edited:
Itll be just as easy with converting maps from the mod to KF1

With tweaks here and there of course (ue3 being an additive universe and not a subtractive) but not that difficult.

To be honest though - WHy would you ever want to? Ue3 is so ****ing powerful and so much better then Ue2 youd be be better off making a map with the new engine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Itll be just as easy with converting maps from the mod to KF1
Did you read my post? The mod used a pretty much the same engine as retail game. This is across engines. Please don't spread misinformation.

It's going to need to be completely redone (apart from possibly BSP using the .t3d if that works). It's far easier from mod to retail.

Also you're apparently wrong with the additive/subtractive thing. UE3 handles both.

Upvote 0
Yes. It's possible to convert ue2 to ue3. Skell is just trying to be argumentative as usual.

Kfmod was Ue2 just as Kf1 was, everyone know's this Skell. Quit being delusional into thinking you are somehow superior.

Why would you want to convert to ue3 still remains the problem.

Seen as you edited your post midway through my posting (you had said it was EASY to do :p )...No one is saying it's impossible. No one at all.

Also placing this post here from the RO2 mapping forums: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1104186&postcount=6

Might not be completely applicable to KF2 (wont know till the SDK is released) but I imagine it wont be far off.

Upvote 0
Seen as you edited your post midway through my posting (you had said it was EASY to do :p )...No one is saying it's impossible. No one at all.

Also placing this post here from the RO2 mapping forums: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1104186&postcount=6

Might not be completely applicable to KF2 (wont know till the SDK is released) but I imagine it wont be far off.

Yeah lol, i didnt mean to say "easy." it's still possible.

Also; Goodie for that post..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Also placing this post here from the RO2 mapping forums: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1104186&postcount=6[/URL]

My response is still completely valid based on the unedited post.

Thanks for the tool, I'm going out on a limb and assuming this can do materials too. I doubt TWI will be changing anything to the core of the engine there. It sounds like lighting stuff will be different but, from a quick look at the forum post, it doesn't transfer those over anyways.

Upvote 0
My response is still completely valid based on the unedited post.

Thanks for the tool, I'm going out on a limb and assuming this can do materials too. I doubt TWI will be changing anything to the core of the engine there. It sounds like lighting stuff will be different but, from a quick look at the forum post, it doesn't transfer those over anyways.

No lol, it wasn't :) just accept you were wrong for once in your life :p

Ue3 will be fun for Killing Floor - Can't wait to use it ;D

Upvote 0