• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

QUESTION: US PC Gamer Magazine

They don't make it easy for you. I picked up the exact looking copy in WH Smiths yesterday (UK chain). It had the exact same cover, same-ish articles but bugger all mention of KF. I was so excited too as I thumbed each page.

Oh well, the wait continues. PM's with links scans are welcome, although I will most definitely be buying the KF2 issue, same as I did with the KF1 issue.

:)

Upvote 0
Are the copies on the PC Gamer store digital, as in I can read them right away?
If not, is there any other way to get hands on a copy when you're not in the US?

I think they have digital copies, but they did say it would be in the print magazine, not digital. I'm in the US so I can't comment on non-US shipping options. I guess easiest way to do that would be go to their online store and try the check out to see if it will let you ship internationally.

Upvote 0
Alright what the neck. Yesterday I went around to 5 different stores looking for an issue that is not out yet? Here's my struggle with PC gamer:

I figured I mine as well subscribe because the cost of one magazine is half the subscription price. So I did. Not till after I go through and pay does it tell me when my first issue will come. In 6 to 10 weeks (this was about 2 weeks ago). My account says my first issue will be the August issue. Wtf so now I won't be getting the issue with the code, which is half the reason I bought the subscription. So I contact PC gamer and say that I bought the subscription for the code. They basically tell me to suck it up or cancel my subscription and order the JUNE issue from the store. YES THEY CALLED IT THE JUNE ISSUE! So guess what I ordered. The wrong issue. The June issue. After reading on the forums that they directed me to the wrong issue I went searching for the issue locally (because according to the article the issue with the code came out the 27th). I went to 5 different stores looking for it. Now I'm told that this is all because subscribers get issues almost a full month earlier, and the July issue is not coming out may 27 unless you are a subscriber

I can't imagine what people from other countries are going through.

Upvote 0
I think they have digital copies, but they did say it would be in the print magazine, not digital. I'm in the US so I can't comment on non-US shipping options. I guess easiest way to do that would be go to their online store and try the check out to see if it will let you ship internationally.

It's apparently print only. Shipping time and cost is really not worth it.
Got my hands on the article another way. Too bad they're making it non US customers so hard. I might however buy the UK issue when it comes out to get the DLC code.

Upvote 0
Well I got my $9+tax DLC the other day! Second place I looked in, last copy there.

tbh there was almost no new information, just the exact same stuff we've all read in online articles for free weeks ago. Some nice pictures, though.

I'm chalking this up as a one-time novelty purchase... I wonder how legally questionable it would be to hold on to your DLC code and sell it post-release when nobody else can get it? Would we be talking rare limited-time TF2 hat valuable or- Oops, already used mine. Can't resist that stylin' jacket. :p

Upvote 0
So is this magazine on store shelves or not, because everyone is have conflicting statements.

They should be by now, but not all stores that carry magazines are going to have PC Gamer specifically. You might have to shop around.

If they still aren't carrying the July issue / #254 then they might just be behind on stocking? (in which case you could ask someone who works there like, "when do you get new magazine issues in?" maybe they could tell you)

Upvote 0