• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [Question] Slowing down player's movement

Pt.Jones

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2015
Italy
steamcommunity.com
Hey all!

I Was wondering if someone could help me out or if possible point me to the right direction.

So in the map that I am currently working on, there quite a large section that features a river, and both the player or zeds are able to traverse quite a large potion of this river. Ideally to avoid any sort of camping I wanted to include some sort of mechanic that slows down the players movement whenever he or she enters the river's water.

One a side note I've been experimenting with the physicsvolume and manage to create a water torrent effect but it's not what exactly I'm looking for

That is all, and thanks in advance! :cool:

Hey all!

I Was wondering if someone could help me out or if possible point me to the right direction.

So in the map that I am currently working on, there quite a large section that features a river, and both the player or zeds are able to traverse quite a large potion of this river. Ideally to avoid any sort of camping I wanted to include some sort of mechanic that slows down the players movement whenever he or she enters the river's water.

One a side note I've been experimenting with the physicsvolume and manage to create a water torrent effect but it's not what exactly I'm looking for

That is all, and thanks in advance! :cool:
Currently its impossible to slow player movement down - its a requested feature however.

Upvote 0