[Question] Slowing down player's movement

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Pt.Jones

May 14, 2015
Italy
steamcommunity.com
Hey all!

I Was wondering if someone could help me out or if possible point me to the right direction.

So in the map that I am currently working on, there quite a large section that features a river, and both the player or zeds are able to traverse quite a large potion of this river. Ideally to avoid any sort of camping I wanted to include some sort of mechanic that slows down the players movement whenever he or she enters the river's water.

One a side note I've been experimenting with the physicsvolume and manage to create a water torrent effect but it's not what exactly I'm looking for

That is all, and thanks in advance! :cool:

Delta69er

Sep 13, 2017
Hey all!

I Was wondering if someone could help me out or if possible point me to the right direction.

So in the map that I am currently working on, there quite a large section that features a river, and both the player or zeds are able to traverse quite a large potion of this river. Ideally to avoid any sort of camping I wanted to include some sort of mechanic that slows down the players movement whenever he or she enters the river's water.

One a side note I've been experimenting with the physicsvolume and manage to create a water torrent effect but it's not what exactly I'm looking for

That is all, and thanks in advance! :cool:
Currently its impossible to slow player movement down - its a requested feature however.