• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Question on useable triggers and door welding

eckojay

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
Hello, my question for this is two fold as opposed to making two separate threads. I looked through the level design forum and couldn't see any solutions to either.

First of all is it possible to make doors be welded to their maximum value by default? I'm trying to make things a little interesting by having players need to unweld a high weld point door to access valuable areas. However I can't seem to find an option for this anywhere by default. Is there a way to make this work in Kismet?
Spoiler!

Second, I was wondering where exactly I'm going wrong with this trigger. I'm attempting to make it so that when the user enters the trigger radius they are prompted with "Press E to restart generator" similarly to how a door trigger works. I have gotten this to work using a basic trigger volume and toggleable lights, but I want the player to have something to interact with to make it a bit more engaging. I can't for the life of me figure out why it isn't working. I don't get any prompt when entering the trigger radius. Is KFUsablePerkTrigger the correct one to be using for this? Does this type of trigger need to be activated somewhere to work properly?
Spoiler!

I'm new to mapping so any help is much appreciated

To display a message when a player enters your trigger you need to use the "Trigger Touch" node instead of "Trigger Used".

Then you need to add a new action called "Draw Text" its found under Action/Misc/Draw Text. In the settings for the draw text node you will need to specify a font otherwise your text won't display. You can find the font packages in the content browser.

Also you need to specify a target "who will see the text", right click in kismet go to New Variable/Object/Object. Then connect your object variable to the trigger instigator and draw text target.

Here is a screen show showing how to connect the nodes! good luck :)
Spoiler!

Upvote 0