• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question for the DEV's, What is 'Max Speed'?

What is the 'Max Speed' Stat?
In the game, many evolutions affect the speed of your shark in various ways. Most are self-explanatory. However, one stands out to me 'Max Speed'.
At first glance, it seems simple; the fastest speed your shark can reach. Although when I look at the other speed-related stats and my own experience in game. I begin to get confused about what it means by 'Max Speed' and how to reach it.

Starting With 'Acceleration': the rate at which your speed increases. I mention this only to eliminate this role from the other stats.
Now 'Swin Speed': the speed your shark swims at regularly. I assume that your shark can't swim any faster than your 'Swim speed' without any help from a lunge or bite, so 'Max Speed' must be beyond this.
Speaking of Lunges, 'Lunge Speed': the speed your shark moves when lunging forward. This is where I wonder how to reach the 'Max Speed'
I don't Fell 'Evade Speed' is necessary in understanding 'Max Speed'

From looking at these stats, it seems that to reach the 'Max Speed', you would use the lunge and that would be your 'Max Speed'. Now after 50 hours of gameplay, I know that the shark can move much faster than using the lunge without any 'Max Speed' stat boost or body evolutions. So I would like to know what exactly the 'Max Speed' stat is? And what determines when you reach that 'Max Speed'?

If I got the descriptions of the other stats wrong, I would love to know the right ones as well. Thank you for your time