• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound question about exporting killing floor sounds

i wanted to export some killing floor voice sounds, too. now i got the following problem: if i want to export something from the folder "MaleVoice2" i always get the sound from "MaleVoice1" which got the same name. so it seems i can't export the "MaleVoice2" sounds. any suggestions?

thanks

Upvote 0
i wanted to export some killing floor voice sounds, too. now i got the following problem: if i want to export something from the folder "MaleVoice2" i always get the sound from "MaleVoice1" which got the same name. so it seems i can't export the "MaleVoice2" sounds. any suggestions?

thanks

I am having this issue as well, only being able to access the voice for the DLC characters rather than the default characters' voices.

It plays the right sounds/voices in SDK when not viewing the list with the 'All' button activated (for some reason this causes both sets to play the DLC voices when selecting specific sound files), but the saved files are always of the other voice and not what it sounded like in the SDK. Can someone please help?

Upvote 0

thanks

Im not exactly sure what you mean, but if I wanted to export sounds from MaleVoiceTwo package, Id open it up in the editor under sound browser, the press the "ALL" button and scroll down to the part where where it says "Yes" which is the last sound library or w/e its called, since we dont want to export those. Anything that comes after that are the "normal" sounds which can be exported as .wav files.

clipboard01wsz.jpg

So basically just choose the sounds you want and click "export". Its a valid sound file if it has those "[1,16,22050]" markings after it, altho the numbers inside the prackets can vary and you dont have to worry about them. (the one thats blued out in the screenshot)

Upvote 0
Im not exactly sure what you mean, but if I wanted to export sounds from MaleVoiceTwo package, Id open it up in the editor under sound browser, the press the "ALL" button and scroll down to the part where where it says "Yes" which is the last sound library or w/e its called, since we dont want to export those. Anything that comes after that are the "normal" sounds which can be exported as .wav files.

So basically just choose the sounds you want and click "export". Its a valid sound file if it has those "[1,16,22050]" markings after it, altho the numbers inside the prackets can vary and you dont have to worry about them. (the one thats blued out in the screenshot)

Please refer to my post, which was more recent, about the actual problem. It isn't that this person didn't know how to export properly, and I didn't have a problem figuring it out myself. The problem lies with it not saving the sound files of the separate voices based on which package is selected. Instead it will only export from the one set, no matter what.

Upvote 0
Please refer to my post, which was more recent, about the actual problem. It isn't that this person didn't know how to export properly, and I didn't have a problem figuring it out myself. The problem lies with it not saving the sound files of the separate voices based on which package is selected. Instead it will only export from the one set, no matter what.

Im not sure if I understand what you mean?

Are you saying it exports some specific sound no matter what package you have selected?

Upvote 0
Hi i just want to know what is this program what you use to can export KF sounds.

Hi i just want to know what is this program what you use to can export KF sounds.

clipboard01wsz.jpg

So basically just choose the sounds you want and click "export". Its a valid sound file if it has those "[1,16,22050]" markings after it, altho the numbers inside the prackets can vary and you dont have to worry about them. (the one thats blued out in the screenshot)[/QUOTE

Upvote 0