• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question about Dwarfs!? Axe

How fast does the Killing Floor achievement unlock after you achieve Not-a-war-hammer Achievement in Dwarfs!? because I did it and logged into KF 5 minutes after and nothing... still the Gimli That Axe! achievement is not unlocked. Should I try to do something specific?

Maybe getting achievent only works if someone gets it through dwarfs f2p? I have the regular version not f2p and it doesnt work getting the KF achievement even though I did get Not-a-war-hammer Achievement in Dwarfs!?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe getting achievent only works if someone gets it through dwarfs f2p? I have the regular version not f2p and it doesnt work getting the KF achievement even though I did get Not-a-war-hammer Achievement in Dwarfs!?

Yes, you have to play the Free-2-play version and get the achievement there. Getting it in the REAL Dwarfs!? game does NOT work for the KF-achievement.

Upvote 0
Yes, you have to play the Free-2-play version and get the achievement there. Getting it in the REAL Dwarfs!? game does NOT work for the KF-achievement.
Well that's asinine. So where is the f2p version? o_O

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Still, they should have made the (Killing Floor) achievement check both games. I get that it's linked to the f2p version so that they don't get people calling foul on requiring another paid game to unlock an achievement (despite it being a cheap game that's cheaper still right now due to the sale). Just lame that it doesn't specify in the achievement that there's a specific version of the game you have to play.

Edit 2: Okay, so I guess that the f2p and paid versions check the same save files, so all I had to do was load-up the f2p version of the game. Still would have been nice if the achievement (or the text when you get close to the axe in-game) indicated a f2p version of the game that was separate from the paid one. Especially since the achievements says "Dwarfs!?", and not "Dwarfs F2P"; implying that you need the paid version anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0