Question about Dwarfs!? Axe

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

puenboy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2011
If I get endless mode on Dwarfs f2p, will I be able to unlock the axe with endless mode? Or is it for Arcade mode only?

KayoDuck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2012
Basically, from what i know, all you need to do it's get some 40K gold, it doesn't say if it's on Arcade or Endless. I got on Arcade, BUT, since the stats count all the gold you got, i think it's avaible on all modes.

Benjamin

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
France
It accumulates over several games (during a game it'll be the total score displayed to the right of your current gold), so don't worry about having to do it all in one go.

djsatane

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 31, 2006
New York City
cuih.dyndns.org
How fast does the Killing Floor achievement unlock after you achieve Not-a-war-hammer Achievement in Dwarfs!? because I did it and logged into KF 5 minutes after and nothing... still the Gimli That Axe! achievement is not unlocked. Should I try to do something specific?

Maybe getting achievent only works if someone gets it through dwarfs f2p? I have the regular version not f2p and it doesnt work getting the KF achievement even though I did get Not-a-war-hammer Achievement in Dwarfs!?

Last edited:

Aze

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
Maybe getting achievent only works if someone gets it through dwarfs f2p? I have the regular version not f2p and it doesnt work getting the KF achievement even though I did get Not-a-war-hammer Achievement in Dwarfs!?

Yes, you have to play the Free-2-play version and get the achievement there. Getting it in the REAL Dwarfs!? game does NOT work for the KF-achievement.

Vlad Tepes.pt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 18, 2012
Portugal
Dwarfs F2P

Dwarfs F2P

Yes Bro,

You only get the achievement playing Dwarfs F2P and not the normal one.
I got hte 40K Gold in about 25 minutes os gameplay in Arcade Mode and the achievement was immediately available on KF.

WhiteTigerShiro

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 25, 2010
Yes, you have to play the Free-2-play version and get the achievement there. Getting it in the REAL Dwarfs!? game does NOT work for the KF-achievement.
Well that's asinine. So where is the f2p version? o_O

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Still, they should have made the (Killing Floor) achievement check both games. I get that it's linked to the f2p version so that they don't get people calling foul on requiring another paid game to unlock an achievement (despite it being a cheap game that's cheaper still right now due to the sale). Just lame that it doesn't specify in the achievement that there's a specific version of the game you have to play.

Edit 2: Okay, so I guess that the f2p and paid versions check the same save files, so all I had to do was load-up the f2p version of the game. Still would have been nice if the achievement (or the text when you get close to the axe in-game) indicated a f2p version of the game that was separate from the paid one. Especially since the achievements says "Dwarfs!?", and not "Dwarfs F2P"; implying that you need the paid version anyway.

Last edited:

ArcticSnake

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 24, 2012
Yes, if you bought Dwarfs?!? you still need to load up Dwarfs F2P once and then you get the achievement.

Blockbot

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 25, 2011
you need to get 40k gold for total gold in game. so even u spend the money u will still get the achievement sooner or later :3

Th4n

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 30, 2012
it's a pity they didn't make a Mac version...I guess I won't be getting that axe soon ^^