• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quastion about making the road(like ro-arad).

I don't quite understand what you mean :confused:

You want to make a road just like in Arad? But painting the texture on the terrain doesn't work too well?

I can't check the map at the moment but I assume they made the road
a) out of a mesh
or
b) with a projector

You can't find any hints on Arad?

Just in case you meant the little actor with a road on it, it is a bot path ...

EDIT: The roads are made with projectors, nothing really special ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think he means the tire/tread marks on the dirt. Ketch is correct. Those were done with projectors. If you open up Arad, you'll see little movie projector icons hovering over the roads where you see those marks. If you open up the projector actor properties, you'll see that an alpha tire mark texture is being projected onto the terrain. Experiment a bit with the properties and you'll see how they did it. Or if you want, just copy and paste a few into your map and arrange them however you need them to look.

Upvote 0
I think he means the tire/tread marks on the dirt. Ketch is correct. Those were done with projectors. If you open up Arad, you'll see little movie projector icons hovering over the roads where you see those marks. If you open up the projector actor properties, you'll see that an alpha tire mark texture is being projected onto the terrain. Experiment a bit with the properties and you'll see how they did it. Or if you want, just copy and paste a few into your map and arrange them however you need them to look.
Yep, i means this.Thx.

Upvote 0