• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quality of Life Suggestions

I really loves Maneater! Thank you Devs for making a really magnificent game! I find it to be a unique experience and it scratches the "play as the monster" itch that I perpetually endure. I have 100%-ed it in ~15 hours, and I keep wanting to come back to it, but I am disappointed that there is no incentive to keep playing afterwards. I made a reddit post here of things I think would improve the post-game but I thought it might be helpful if I reposted my thoughts on the official forums (with some more ideas, and ideas from responders to the aforementioned thread). Forgive me, as I am certain some of these items have probably already been posted, but I wanted to throw my hat in the ring as well.

1. New Game + : I think it would be enjoyable to be able to start the game all over again with all of the upgrades. Similar to the Batman Arkham Series, Bloodstained, Dark Souls, Marvel's Spider-Man, etc. The enemies can be stronger or no, alternatively we can start as a pup again (if sequence breaking is undesirable) and have to level up. I know I would play the game over and over and over again if I could restart with all of my upgrades (I like a fresh start every once and a while, but it is 2020, everyone is spoiled by games with New Game +).
  2. More Evolution Sets : For example, with the importance that Mutagen seems to be given during the course of the game I am surprised there is no Nuclear/Radio-Active Evolution set. This set could use Mutagen exclusively to upgrade, which would give the Mutagen Digestion organ a purpose (by the time I unlocked it I didn't need it, same with Fat Digestion), and give players a reason to visit the toxified Sapphire Bay (didn't have much of a reason to go back since I 100% it before it happened, and again, had plenty of mutagen). Some ideas for other sets could be Volcanic, Mecha/Robotic, Eldritch, etc.
  3. Idea from user "aharttsx" - Randomly generated/spawning Apexes : This would give post-game players something to do, if they don't feel like restarting. They could be lured out and fought, after a certain amount of time or certain amount of wildlife is killed in a region during the After Party.
  4. Randomly Toxified Regions : If players are given incentive to accumulate Mutagen, having bounty hunters pollute random regions (or oil spill in the gulf, whatever narrative tickles your fancy), during the After Party would give players someplace to go to in the efforts to tier up their Mutagen specific evolutions.
  5. More Playable Predators : They don't need there own set of evolutions. They can even be locked to certain stats/sizes if need be, but I think everyone would enjoy playing as the other predators at some point, especially since they all share a move-set with our beloved Bull. If New Game + is implemented, they could be unlocked is through defeating the Apexes during New Game +.
  6. Incentive for 100%-ing a/all region(s) : Region flavored skins after 100%-ing a region? Albino Skin after all regions? Megalodon Apex Battle Unlock after all regions? For this, I do not know what exactly the reward should be, but it should give players incentive to go back, open all Nutrient Caches, and collect all License Plates if they've already maxed out all of their evolutions.

Thank you very much for reading, and for making this amazing game! I look forward to further polluting your waters by throwing more money into them in the future!

It's been some time since I originally posted but I figured I'd just bring back this one instead of creating a new topic.
After playing through the game again. Here are some other improvements that I thought were reasonable enough to be included in this list:

1. Manual Save: The closest thing we have to this is the "Main Menu" option on the pause menu. Auto-Save seems to be very unreliable. Even if you stop at a grotto multiple times, there have been times when my progress was not saved from a much earlier point, and then I accidentally quit to windows (or crashed) without going to the main menu first and lost a good amount of progress.
  2. Humans in Fawtick Bayou: Doesn't have to be a lot of people. I understand it is the starting area, but it feels very, VERY lifeless, considering there are signs of human activity (boats, non-flooded homes, etc.). Maybe after the Bull has reached teen or adult, humans can start spawning there? If not maybe humans can spawn there during NG+?
  3. Respawning Vengeance Targets: It would be nice if "Vengeance" missions humans respawn in their spots in the after party (or after 100%). I just want to fight the mob again once I've completed the game! 🤣 But overall this one isn't so important. I just thought it would be cool.
  4. Play as Mama again: Like the the playable predators in my original post. She can also be locked to her specific size/stats if need be. I just think it would be cool to be able to appreciate her again outside the context of the tutorial. Again, not terribly important, but would be nice to have as an unlock for doing something.

Reactions: KamLoaK
Upvote 0