• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Public Servers

Lewt

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
You have to admit, no matter the difficulty, it's rare to find a server where people are somewhat intelligent. Raging fleshpounds with an AK on suicidal, holing up in bad places and dying, (outside the front of KF-Offices, with specimens dropping on your head in all directions) etc. These all seem way too common for me.

There's a point where I politely tell someone to stop, or inform them HOW they nearly wiped out the team, but then there's a point where I just go to the kick vote button. Usually the latter is on a hard/suicidal server with level 5, M14 wielding sharpshooters who aim for the legs and the air around their targets.

Any funny or frustrating stories to share?

i usually random pub more the playing with friends. if you notice the team is falling apart maybe switch to medic? if everyone dies, solo the wave with a crossbow and a 9mm.

we don't often fail even with the lack of communication, since the time the medical syringe glitch was fixed. the level up pack pretty much makes this game a walk in the park on anything but suicidal.

Upvote 0
I'd say one out of ten times I join a public hard server, everyone's thinking of the same tactic and it is a joy to play. You have to somehow take control over the other players and act as a team leader via chat or voice, and it's totally random if you succeed. It's very satisfying when everybody else dies but you and shouting at them "Next time follow me and stay the f*** together!" :p

The worst thing happening isn't the sharpshooter spamming the M14 or a commander buying the M32, but chaos at wave 9 or 10. It happens too often when players are defensive and moves backward when attacked by lots of zeds at the same time and not taking down the FP together asap (or ignoring it when they know the ss with the xbow has it under control but still manages to rage it). Too many times I've seen players backing up past me (as I'm covering the other end) thus making my targets attack the other players, and their targets attacking me...

Upvote 0
Hey Lewt, add me and I would be glad to raise your intelligent-mates-checklist by +1 :)

Gladly. Don't have your id though, so, http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mithe[url]http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mithe[/URL]

GnarKiLL said:
I'd say one out of ten times I join a public hard server, everyone's thinking of the same tactic and it is a joy to play. You have to somehow take control over the other players and act as a team leader via chat or voice, and it's totally random if you succeed. It's very satisfying when everybody else dies but you and shouting at them "Next time follow me and stay the f*** together!" :p

The worst thing happening isn't the sharpshooter spamming the M14 or a commander buying the M32, but chaos at wave 9 or 10. It happens too often when players are defensive and moves backward when attacked by lots of zeds at the same time and not taking down the FP together asap (or ignoring it when they know the ss with the xbow has it under control but still manages to rage it). Too many times I've seen players backing up past me (as I'm covering the other end) thus making my targets attack the other players, and their targets attacking me...

Heh. Last time I played with friends, it was an almost 'perfect' experience. Most of us hadn't been on KF in a while so we didn't exactly have the best aim and reactions ever, but knew how to be a team. A couple commandos, sharpshooter, and firebug all together.

The sharpshooter (myself) could just pick off trash zeds with a 9mm, or single handcannon while the commandos did the bulk of the work covering our sides, and assisting with crowd control in the front. Later on, firebug really came in handy to spray huge lines of flame, and could defend himself decently with a handcannon I got for him. Even as late as fleshpounds there was no real panic, firebug and another started pushing farther down the halls to keep zeds away from me while I popped off a couple FP heads; the leftover guy helped them retreat back to the center when they had to reload. Even with 'Pounds coming from multiple directions, common sense still prevailed to keep clearing the trash and firing around em - if need be, have each person toss 2 nades at it, then down it with bullets. Aside from that, picking off annoying husks and sirens was easy.

Did I mention this was on BioticsLabLightsOut?

...However, the last time I played before the patch, was on Hard. Half the people died every round due to standing extremely far away from the group, or others assuming that someone noticed the crawlers behind them. If a fleshpound came, the standard procedure seemed to be 'equip the knife and run' or 'enrage it with half a dozen shotgun shells, then run'. And an M14 spammer with twice the amount of kills who, not surprisingly, kept dying and managing to save his gun. He ran from lone scrakes.

Upvote 0